Compressor relation

• Thread starter Onew
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi everyone!!

I am new to mechanical engineering and recently I started about compressors. I am trying to find relation between torque, speed and output efficiency of the compressor. Can anyone help me with simple explanation so that I can understand.

I will be really thankful if you could help me!

Thank you.

Answers and Replies

Which part don't you understand?

Thank you for the reply.
Kindly note I am an electrical engineer so I am not familiar with those topics but I am in a need of the relation between those factors for my project.

There are many types of compressors and different types efficiency that I came across; I didn't know from where to start and how those factors are related.

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tell us about the project .

The part with compressor is I need to find the efficiency and loss at the end of the compressor driven by a motor coupled with gear box and I need to find the relation between the factors that affects them. So before all, I need to get relation equations between motor, gear box and compressor.
Thank you.

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thank you Nidum.
I am looking for something like that but not exactly. I am looking for previous stage of relation with gear box and compressor at no load condition.

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am trying to find relation between torque, speed and output efficiency of the compressor.
I need to find the efficiency and loss at the end of the compressor driven by a motor coupled with gear box and I need to find the relation between the factors that affects them
I am looking for previous stage of relation with gear box and compressor at no load condition.
So you just want to know what the frictional and other losses are for a compressor running under no load conditions ?

Probably yeah.!!

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thank you so much nidum. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Heyyy guys,

I got another doubt!! Does the speed and torque of motor have any effect on the compressors' CFM and performance?