Compton scattering. help me

In summary, Compton scattering is a phenomenon in which a photon collides with an electron, resulting in a decrease in energy and a change in direction of the photon. It occurs when a photon transfers energy to an electron, causing the scattered photon to have a lower energy and a different direction. Compton scattering is significant in understanding the behavior of photons and electrons and has applications in fields such as medical imaging and materials science. The degree of energy transfer and direction change in Compton scattering is influenced by factors such as the energy of the incident photon, the mass of the electron, and the angle of scattering. In medical imaging, Compton scattering is used in techniques such as X-rays and CT scans to produce images of internal structures in the body
huuha
I need a calculation section of the article without Compton scattering method does not use quantum field theory.
Can you help me?
I thank a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you please formulate a meaningful question ?

What is Compton Scattering?

Compton scattering is a phenomenon in which a photon (usually an X-ray or gamma ray) collides with an electron, resulting in a decrease in energy and a change in direction of the photon.

How does Compton Scattering work?

Compton scattering occurs when a photon interacts with an electron, transferring some of its energy to the electron. The scattered photon then has a lower energy and a different direction than the original photon.

What is the significance of Compton Scattering?

Compton scattering is important in understanding the behavior of photons and electrons, and it has applications in fields such as medical imaging and materials science. It also provides evidence for the particle nature of light.

What factors affect Compton Scattering?

The degree of energy transfer and direction change in Compton scattering is influenced by the energy of the incident photon, the mass of the electron, and the angle of scattering.

How is Compton Scattering used in medical imaging?

Compton scattering is used in medical imaging techniques such as X-rays and CT scans to produce images of internal structures in the body. The degree of scattering can reveal information about the density and composition of tissues.