1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Computational Physics

1. Nov 12, 2008 #1
    I *think* I am interested in Computational Physics, from what I have seen around from Googling the topic, as well as from some YouTube videos.

I was wondering what kind of careers are available for someone interested in Computational Physics (I want to do something in research) and are computational physicists in any sort of demand?

Thanks, Brin

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2008 #2
    The computational physics option provides a thorough study of computer science and computational physics as well as a solid background in physics and mathematics

The first thing I think of for careers would be the ultra hot gaming industry.

4. Feb 17, 2009 #3
    This really interests me...it's what I want to do as well, But are there no jobs in the Sustainable Energy field?

I am going for a BS in Engineering Physics and an MA in CS, I would be very interested if you find what courses you need to take.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?