1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computational Structures

1. Dec 24, 2012 #1
    Would I be in over my head taking COT3100 (Computational Structures) before taking COP2220 (Computer Science I)? Here are the catalog entries for both:

COT3100: Prerequisite: MAC 2311 (Calc I) or MAC 2233. Applications of finite mathematics to CIS. Sets, relations, functions, and number theory. Algebraic and combinatorial structures. Applications of graphs. Boolean algebra and switching theory, and logic.

COP2220: This course provides an introduction to the programming process. Topics in the course include types, operations, expressions, control flow, I/O, functions, program structure, software design techniques, and problem solving. Course concepts are reinforced with many programming projects throughout the term in the C programming language.

I have no previous experience with programming, but I'm in the process of self learning Python 2.7 and LaTex.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2012 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Quite possibly. What does you academic advisor say?

4. Dec 24, 2012 #3
    I haven't spoken to my advisor yet (I'm just looking at additional classes I can take).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook