Integral Calculation: Compute l/sqrt(x2+l2)

• Thread starter PeteSampras
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the problem requires computing the integral $$(2\pi)^{-3} \int d^3p e^{-l|p|}e^{i \vec{x} \cdot \vec{p}}$$ with unspecified limits of integration, resulting in $$\frac{1}{\pi^2} \frac{l}{\sqrt{\vec{x}^2+l^2}}$$ in spherical coordinates. However, there may be missing elements in the provided formula.
PeteSampras
Homework Statement
Help please with the integral of figure
Relevant Equations
In the description
I need compute the integral

$$(2\pi)^{-3} \int d^3p e^{-l|p|}e^{i \vec{x} \cdot \vec{p}}$$

The problem does not specified the limits of integration

The result is

$$\frac{1}{\pi^2} \frac{l}{\sqrt{\vec{x}^2+l^2}}$$I saw the references about t-Student and I had not achieved it.
I have tried to split the integral as

$$\int dp_x dp_y dp_z e^{-l\sqrt{p_x^2+p_y^2+p_z^2}} e^{ip_xx+ip_yy+ip_zz}$$
x2 without result.
Also I tried to insert a 2D dirac Delta and after integrate only in dp instead dp^2. Also without result

Could you help me to solve this integral?

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Spherical coordinates.

Likes vanhees71
Orodruin said:
Spherical coordinates.
Do you say something like that

##\int_0^{2\pi}d\theta\int_0^\pi d\phi \int_0^\infty dp~p^2e^{-lp}e^{ipr\cos (\theta)}##

I also have intented without results

Last edited:
You are missing the ##\sin\theta## iof the volume element. (And a } that makes your LaTeX not render)

Likes vanhees71
Orodruin said:
(And a } that makes your LaTeX not render)
Fixed the LaTeX...

Likes vanhees71
PeteSampras said:
Do you say something like that

##\int_0^{2\pi}d\theta\int_0^\pi d\phi \int_0^\infty dp~p^2e^{-lp}e^{ipr\cos (\theta)}##

I also have intented without results

Orodruin said:
You are missing the ##\sin\theta## iof the volume element. (And a } that makes your LaTeX not render)

In which case the limits of [itex]\theta[/itex] should be [itex][0, \pi][/itex] and the limits of [itex]\phi[/itex] should be [itex][0, 2\pi][/itex].

Likes vanhees71 and Orodruin

1. What is integral calculation?

Integral calculation is a method used in mathematics to find the area under a curve or the volume of a solid. It involves breaking down a complex shape into smaller, simpler shapes and adding them together to find the total area or volume.

2. What is the formula for integral calculation?

The formula for integral calculation is ∫f(x)dx = F(x) + C, where f(x) is the function to be integrated, F(x) is the antiderivative of f(x), and C is the constant of integration.

3. How is integral calculation used to compute l/sqrt(x2+l2)?

To compute l/sqrt(x2+l2), we first need to rewrite the expression as l(x2+l2)-1/2. Then, we can use the formula for integral calculation to find the antiderivative of l(x2+l2)-1/2, which is l√(x2+l2) + C. This gives us the final answer for the integral.

4. What is the significance of the constant of integration in integral calculation?

The constant of integration, denoted by C, is added to the antiderivative in the formula for integral calculation. It represents the unknown value that is added to the final answer to account for any missing information. The value of C can vary depending on the problem being solved.

5. How is integral calculation used in real-world applications?

Integral calculation is used in a variety of real-world applications, such as calculating the area under a speed-time graph to find the distance traveled, determining the volume of a 3D object, and finding the average value of a function over a given interval. It is also used in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics to solve complex problems and make predictions.