Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer Card Trick

1. May 30, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2003 #2

Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Clever, but obviously the cards below are none of the cards above. Thanks for the link Ivan.

4. May 30, 2003 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

a minor chuckler

5. May 30, 2003 #4
    There are versions of this "trick" all over the net. Usually they actually use a change of browser window or something to mask the obviousness of the trick, but oh well....

Still amusing though, I agree.

6. May 30, 2003 #5
    i think i must be stupid! i cant see the obviousnes of this trick at all.

7. May 30, 2003 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey Andy,
    First, write down all of your options before choosing a card. Then choose, check the answer, and write down what you see.

8. May 31, 2003 #7

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OR play it backwards, pick a card from the bottom set, note that it does not appear in the top set. Strange how it works both ways! :wink:

9. May 31, 2003 #8
    OH MY GOD! How did i not see that! i think all this college rubbish is going to my head. I'm sure i would have noticed that before i started college! I will now have to go and beat myself with a very large stick!

10. May 31, 2003 #9
    make sure if you're going to beat yourself with a meter-stick, to hit hit yourself on the 67 cm mark. I learned that in college heh heh......

11. Jun 1, 2003 #10
    its already snapped! gonna put a pin just under my toe and kick something very hard with my toe!

12. Jun 27, 2003 #11
    If you go from the presumption that a homepage can't read your mind you will easily come to the conclusion that the homepage is fooling you in some way.

13. Jun 27, 2003 #12
    I usually choose more than 1 option when encountering these tricks.

14. Jun 27, 2003 #13
    Yea i know that, i was going with the assumption that it was a clever computer programme that was at work there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?