Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer coding

1. Oct 1, 2008 #1
    is there any place i could go thats good to learn computer programming? i want to learn how to make websites because even though im only about 14 i know i want to be in some type of education. Preferably math or science. I have a general love for computers and love to make websites. But i can only do that little bit that they show you how to do, which is adding texts and pictures. Can sombody show me or give me a goood tutorial learning site for the basics of Html, Php, or java coding???

-newbie nobartholem
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Oct 1, 2008 #3
    thanks alot, can i learn java coding at java.com???
  5. Oct 1, 2008 #4

6. Oct 1, 2008 #5
    hm.....most of the google stuff just give u codes, it doesn't show you how to program your own codes.
  7. Oct 1, 2008 #6

First hit - sun site - contains tutorial.
  8. Oct 1, 2008 #7

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Bruce Eckel's books are a good introduction to programming and Java (and are available online for free http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/)

A simpler langauge to begin with might be Javascript. It runs inside the webbrowser so you can easily see what it is doing, but is a real programming language.

ps. There is no real connection between Java and JavaScript btw - it's just amarketing thing.
  9. Oct 1, 2008 #8

Gold Member

Programming the World Wide Web, 4th Edition (Paperback)
    by Robert W. Sebesta

* Paperback: 752 pages
    * Addison Wesley; 4 edition (August 17, 2007)
    * ISBN-10: 0321489691
    * ISBN-13: 978-0321489692
  10. Oct 13, 2008 #9
    buy a coding book!!!
    if you want to make websites, learn CSS and JavaScript, wc3 schools (google it) is good for online tutorials!

have fun
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?