1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer Engineering/Science

1. Jun 4, 2009 #1
    Hey guys,

I've been thinking a lot lately about what my major is going to be now. I'm gonna be in my third year this fall. I kinda have been taking classes for both majors - that's why I have been a little slow, but can still decide what to major in without losing any classes.

I can not decide at all if I want to major in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. I suck at physics and Computer Engineering got lots of it ( circuits, applied magnetism etc. ) I only took the calculus based physics so far. And there's gonna be more.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2009 #2

Dembadon

Gold Member

Hi XodoX,

May I reply to your query with a query of my own?

What do you want to do with your degree? I don't know if the CompE program at your university is heavier in one area (hardware or software) than the other as is the case at mine, but it would be worth considering what you see yourself doing after you graduate.

Since you have taken classes in both areas, which subjects do you like more? You stated that you 'suck' at physics. What do you mean by that? Is it due to disinterest, lack of understanding, or both? If you are in fact interested in physics and math and are just finding it hard to obtain a solid understanding of the concepts, you may just need to adjust your schedule to allow for more studying.

So, what do you want to do? :)

-Robert

4. Jun 7, 2009 #3
    Hey,

I think there's a software engineering option. Well, I am not that interested in all that physics stuff, but it could be worse. It's all right. I guess I find it just kind of hard to understand. The software engineering option should still have a considerable amount of physics. I think that I like both equally, but if I discover that the advanced physics classes are not really for you... it's kinda too late.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook