1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer Science + Math Guidance

1. Feb 22, 2012 #1
    Okay so I was recently accepted to Cornell University's Computer Science program (engineering). I plan on becoming a software engineer when I graduate, but am unsure of what path I should take. From what I've seen, only a computer science degree is needed, but I would think that more math would be to my advantage. Is it advisable to get maybe a minor in Math? Then I'd end up with a Masters or pHD (unsure of which would be best) in computer science and a math minor. I find math to be pretty intuitive, and am self study Calculus BC (Calc II) while in Calc I.

Any advice on the best path to software engineering would be a great help. Also if their are any classes or certifications I can earn to add to my resume, I'd be very interested.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Unforgiven Hero

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted