1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer science or die?

1. Oct 19, 2012 #1
    I'm currently pursuing a degree in computer science...

my requirements to enter into the department are a 3.0 GPA average in Calc 1 and 2, Eng 1 and 2, and Physics 1 and 2.

I currently have B's in everything except calc 2 and physics 1...but i am currently retaking physics 1 at the moment. This means that i have to get an A in physics 1 this semester, to enter into the department of engineering and start my computer science classes.

Here's the issue...I got a 100 on my first Physics test...i took the next test today and got a 70 on it, which makes me worried i won't pass it with an A....I figured out the math and basically i have to get an A on the next test and an A on the final exam in order to achieve the correct GPA requirements...

There isn't much i can do except try my best at this point, but i'm concerned that if i don't get the grade i need in physics i will have to either spend a whole other semester retaking calc 2 or some other class and get either an a or b in it or switch my major, or go to another university with lower requirements (not likely).

I really want to do computer science and have found i really enjoy programming, and I honestly don't see myself being interested in any other area of engineering...

Any advice???

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2012 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Not sure what you want us to say. Try to work harder and study more efficiently.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook