1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer science or physics?

1. Aug 20, 2015 #1

K.Anshuman

Gold Member

I'm really dynamic since birth. A problem with me is that I love almost everything I put my hands in. I've even chased dreams of being in the Air Force or a UN Tech wing executive.
    Now I've filtered my core loves to be physics and computer science. Maths comes next.
    I'm very tensed regarding what to tak as a career choice. I'm not from an overtly rich family, so being a software engineer could help with the finance aspect. But then I'll miss out on the physics aspect. My core interest is the quantum theory especially quantum computing. Please guide me.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2015 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Why not aim for computational physics, i.e. have your cake and eat it too?

Depending on your school, this may be an area that you can focus in. Some physics programs gives the ability for a student majoring in physics to have a heavier than usual load of computational classes. If not, either do a double major, or major in one and a minor in the other. When you plan for graduate school, look for a school that has a specialization in computational physics.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook