1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computers problem

1. Jul 26, 2008 #1
    There is this system which is build out of 2 units (2 CLA units) and the question is, what does it do?

The input numbers are X and Y, which both have 4 digits (binary) each (x0, x1, x2, x3 and y0, y1, y2, y3) and x0y0 for example is an AND gate.

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14817&d=1217093619

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2008 #2
    Any idea, anyone?
    Is this the right forum to post this kind of question?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Jul 28, 2008 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Actually, it belongs in the Homework Help forums. I'll move it there for you.

Please tell us your thoughts about what you think is going on. Why would you use a number of Full Adders like that?

5. Jul 28, 2008 #4
    10x.
    What do you mean?

6. Jul 28, 2008 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What do you mean, what do I mean. I'm asking you for your ideas and thoughts about what those block diagrams look like. Why would you be combining multiple Full Adders? What kind of functions would you use combinations of Full Adders for? Maybe look up Full Adder on wikipedia.org, and see what they show as applications for FAs....

7. Jul 28, 2008 #6
    I know what full adder does, I know what CLA system is.

The thing I don't know is, the purpose of this system.

I ran a lot of combination but still came out short, found nothing...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?