Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

COMSOL - Coil with current

1. Jun 2, 2010 #1
    Hello !

I am using Comsol Multiphysics in order to simulate the eddy currents in a damaged/cracked steel circular rod, with a helix coil surrounded it and thus creating the alternativ magnetic field.

Actually, I am having a lot of problem in modelling it, mainly because I am new in using Comsol.

My first goal is to model the coil and put an alternativ current in it.

I managed to model a spring coil in Solidworks and import it in Comsol. But i cannot find how to put a current through the material in order to simulate the coil, like we can use it in a laboratory...

I guess, I have to do some things adding Physics, AC/DC, in the model. But what exactly ?

It would be incredible if you could help me, and guide me through my simulation. I need it in order to support my work about Eddy current testing. Of course, I would quote you as helpers and contact in my final work/report if you want.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2010 #2
    Up ?
    Nobody can help me ?

Maybe I am not in the right section ? I saw people here talking about comsol so I posted ... but i'll see

4. Jun 6, 2010 #3
    Please ?

5. Jun 6, 2010 #4
    You should look in a COMSOL modeling forum for the answers. There may not be anyone here who can help you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook