Need Help with Coil Simulation Using COMSOL? Let's Discuss!

In summary, a person is seeking help with a project involving coil simulation using COMSOL to determine inductance and resistance at different frequencies. They have a CAD file for the geometry but are facing difficulties with the rest of the project and are asking for assistance. They have also contacted someone via email for help.
labd0001
Hi

I am working on a project to do a coil simulation using COMSOL to determine inductance and resistance variations with frequency. I have a CAD file for the geometry but I need help because I am having serious difficulties with the rest. Can anyone help pls?

thanks alot

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi labd0001,

what sort of problems you're stuck with? Often working the geometry is (still) fairly difficult with Comsol so you're well under way :wink: .

I have sent you an email but if you prefer I post here, let me know

thanks alot

...either way is fine by me, I'll reply your mail later today.

What is COMSOL and how is it used for coil simulation?

COMSOL is a software program used for multiphysics simulations in various fields of science and engineering. It allows for the creation of complex models and simulations, including coil simulations, using a user-friendly interface.

What types of coils can be simulated using COMSOL?

COMSOL can simulate various types of coils, such as solenoids, toroids, and helical coils. It also allows for the simulation of different coil materials and geometries.

What are the benefits of using COMSOL for coil simulation?

COMSOL offers several benefits for coil simulation, including its ability to accurately model complex geometries and materials, its user-friendly interface, and its ability to simulate multiple physical phenomena simultaneously.

What parameters can be analyzed in a coil simulation using COMSOL?

COMSOL allows for the analysis of various parameters in coil simulations, such as magnetic field strength, induced voltage, and current density. It also allows for the visualization of these parameters in 2D and 3D.

What is the process for setting up a coil simulation in COMSOL?

The process for setting up a coil simulation in COMSOL involves creating a geometry, selecting the appropriate physics and materials, defining boundary conditions and mesh settings, and running the simulation. Results can then be analyzed and visualized within the software.