How can I enter a parabolic inlet profile in Comsol for 3D tube modeling?

In summary, the conversation is about someone trying to model a tube in Comsol Multiphysics with a parabolic inlet profile for velocity. They have tried using variables and extruding the inlet plane, but have not been successful in getting the desired result. They are also not receiving any responses to their question.
alireza.b
hello everyone
is anybody here using comsol multiphysics?
i'm trying to model a tube which the inlet is a fully developed fluid
but the problem is how to enter a parabolic inlet profile for velocity
in 2d axisymmetric it is very simple. but my model is 3d
i've entered "r" as a variable in definitions{r=sqrt((x^2)+(y^2))} and another variable for velocity, using "r". but the solution is not converged
how can i give the correct parabolic inlet?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

not yet
i fixed it by extrude the inlet plane to make sure that the inlet velocity profile is parabolic.
but no progress in giving parabolic profile to the software.

1. What is Comsol tube modeling?

Comsol tube modeling is a software tool used for simulating and analyzing the behavior of fluid flows within tubes. It uses numerical methods to solve governing equations and can be used to model a variety of different tube geometries and flow conditions.

2. What are the benefits of using Comsol tube modeling?

Comsol tube modeling allows for detailed analysis and visualization of fluid flow behavior within tubes, which can help in the design and optimization of various engineering systems. It also provides a user-friendly interface and customizable models for various types of tube geometries and flow conditions.

3. How accurate is Comsol tube modeling?

Comsol tube modeling is highly accurate when appropriate boundary conditions and material properties are used. It has been extensively validated through comparison with experimental results and is widely used in various industries for fluid flow analysis.

4. Can Comsol tube modeling be used for both laminar and turbulent flows?

Yes, Comsol tube modeling has the capability to simulate both laminar and turbulent flows. It uses the appropriate turbulence models and numerical methods to accurately capture the behavior of the flow within the tube.

5. What kind of results can be obtained from Comsol tube modeling?

Comsol tube modeling can provide a wide range of results, including pressure and velocity profiles, shear stress, and drag force. It can also be used to visualize the flow behavior through animations and streamlines, and to obtain quantitative data such as flow rate and pressure drop.