What is the Practical Application of ZSR and Delta Function in Circuit Theory?

• Thread starter electron2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Diagram
In summary, the person is looking for an example of how to calculate the response of a system to an arbitrary input. They are not an expert in controls or communications, and they are looking for hardcore electrical engineering forums.
electron2
i can't understand translate these words :
"instead of going from u(t) (step function) to delta function (shock function)
via derivative,
we go from u(t) to reaction of zsr to u(t)
and the we go to the reaction of zsr to shock function (delta function)

i am looking for
practical example ,or some more reading material to this.

Engineering news on Phys.org
i know what a step function.

my lecturer said that "there are circuits which asks us to calculate
the response on duplete function.
for that we need to do a derivative from delta function to duplete
which is very complicated.
instead we do zsr response to delta and zsr response to duplete and we get the same result"

does that ring a bell
i want an example on this stuf
i can't understand teh process

example example example

I'm not an expert in controls or communications (where you're most likely to encounter this sort of thing from an EE standpoint), however, I can't recall having had to use the derivative of the delta-dirac function for anything, and a search for the 'duplete' function brings up your post, and misspellings of 'deplete'.

You're probably better off asking your lecturer (or waiting for a response from someone who may better understand your question), as it's been a number of years since I've had to do anything like that. When we did use it, it was convolving the impulse response of a system with an arbitrary input in order to find the system response to that arbitrary input.

In the meantime, perhaps equations 14 through 17 of the Wolfram article on the Delta Dirac function are applicable?
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/DeltaFunction.html

Sorry I can't be of any more help, in this case.

have you heard of
desour " basic circuit theory"

this is a book about such stuff.

can you suggest to me some hardcore electrical engeneering forums.

i visited several already
and in all of them i was given responses like "what is ZSR i haven't heard of it"
"whats delta function" etc..

1. What is a commutative diagram?

A commutative diagram is a graphical representation of a mathematical concept called a commutative square. It is used to show the relationships and connections between different mathematical objects, such as sets, groups, and categories.

2. Why are commutative diagrams important?

Commutative diagrams are important because they allow us to visually understand and analyze complex mathematical concepts and relationships. They also help in simplifying and organizing information, making it easier to comprehend and apply.

3. How do you read a commutative diagram?

A commutative diagram is read from left to right and from top to bottom. The objects and arrows in the diagram represent mathematical concepts and their relationships. The arrows indicate the direction of the relationship and the objects represent the different components involved.

4. What are the benefits of using commutative diagrams?

Commutative diagrams provide a visual representation of complex mathematical concepts, making them easier to understand and apply. They also help in organizing information and identifying patterns and connections between different objects, leading to new insights and discoveries.

5. Can commutative diagrams be used in other fields besides mathematics?

While commutative diagrams are primarily used in mathematics, they can also be applied to other fields, such as computer science, physics, and engineering. They can be used to represent and analyze relationships between different systems and processes, providing a useful tool for problem-solving and decision-making.