1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Concave lens diagram

1. Jun 18, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

"Please draw an image for a double concave lens with the object paced between the lens and the focal point. Remember to show all the required rays, their direction, and the focal point of your lens"

2. Relevant equations

no equations needed.

3. The attempt at a solution

I do not have my notes on me at the moment and cannot find this diagram in the book, or the internet. Does anyone here know how this diagram would look?

if it is easier for you you can use this java applet: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hall/6645/Lens/lens_e.html
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2008 #2
    Yes, the first thing that popped in the window, except with a concave lens instead of a convex lens, is what the problem is talking about. Just the standard lens diagram for a concave lens.

So the rays will go parallel-focus.
  4. Jun 18, 2008 #3
    thank you, turns out i just didn't fully understand the question until you said it was just the standard.
  5. Jun 18, 2008 #4
    Right, just do something like this

or whatever variation you feel like.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?