Concealed Handguns

• News
  • Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
Zero
Originally posted by GENIERE
Guns are more dangerous to civilians than cars?

Wrong again!
You oppose having a driver's licence?

If people didn't start quarrels because of the lethality of guns, we wouldn't have had the "Wild West", and we wouldn't have street guns. I remember a quotation from some famous guy saying that he thought that machine guns (maybe Gatling said it) would make war obsolete, because it would make it nothing but a quick, senseless slaughter. Obviously, he was wrong.

With that being said, cars do kill many times more people in the USA each year than guns.

Zero
Originally posted by Dissident Dan

With that being said, cars do kill many times more people in the USA each year than guns.
I agree with this...butguns are made to kill, cars are not...plus, I wonder what would happen if everyone had a gun? We can't drive, how can we be expected to shoot straight?

If the U.S. became Snake Pliskin's police state the first thing that would happen is everyone's guns would be rounded up, not everyone's cars.

Think about that.

But the same principal applies to guns as the tough guy no one messes with. A high school kid will antagonize a vulnerable dork way before he does it to the big guy because the big guy can kick his ass. So, if that high school kid knows that everyone he tries to antagonize can kick his ass, he won't likely antagonize them. The antagonization (to use the word loosely) would decrease significantly. Either way, when people know there are summary consequences to their negative actions they will think twice about doing it.

More power in more people's hands. It is what so called democracy is about. But while you are chipping away at the constitution, why don't you take away other fundemental rights? What I'm saying is, give em an inch and they take 2000 miles.

But remember the past, there was an age in America when every man owned a gun, there were less restrictions on everything and people were civilized. I understand certain situations require certain actions but we live in a civilized society, this isn't Afghanistan.

Last edited:
FZ+
So, WHY then did we oppose letting Saddam have access to WMDs then?

Because a society run by mutual fear may be all very "stable", but it is the perfect situation for a totalitarian government to take over power, and that the situation itself is one where no one remotely wants to live in.

Trust me. A place where you need to continuously watch your back is not a nice place.

Originally posted by PsYcHo_FiSh

But remember the past, there was an age in America when every man owned a gun, there were less restrictions on everything and people were civilized. I understand certain situations require certain actions but we live in a civilized society, this isn't Afghanistan.

We definitely have more civilized human society (I mention "human society" because the way that we treat animals has not improved) in the USA today than we did 100 years ago.