Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conceptual question: Could quantum entanglement be used in conjunction with a photon,

1. Aug 21, 2012 #1
    I am not a physicist and really do not have any formulas or basis, it is merely a concept that occurred to me and I was curious if it had been thought of or if it was even possible?

Conceptual question: Could quantum entanglement be used in conjunction with a photon, to be able to move matter at the speed of light?

The thought I had was basically: How to achieve light speed without acceleration? Hitch a ride on something that is already going the speed of light.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2012 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Re: Conceptual question: Could quantum entanglement be used in conjunction with a pho

Maybe, before you try to use quantum entanglement for something, that you should first try and understand what we mean by "quantum entanglement"? If not, you are going to be using something based on faulty knowledge.

This thread is closed. You may start a new thread asking for a more basic understanding of quantum mechanics, if you wish to learn.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook