Conceptual question: Could quantum entanglement be used in conjunction with a photon,

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am not a physicist and really do not have any formulas or basis, it is merely a concept that occurred to me and I was curious if it had been thought of or if it was even possible?

Conceptual question: Could quantum entanglement be used in conjunction with a photon, to be able to move matter at the speed of light?

The thought I had was basically: How to achieve light speed without acceleration? Hitch a ride on something that is already going the speed of light.

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author

I am not a physicist and really do not have any formulas or basis, it is merely a concept that occurred to me and I was curious if it had been thought of or if it was even possible?

Conceptual question: Could quantum entanglement be used in conjunction with a photon, to be able to move matter at the speed of light?

The thought I had was basically: How to achieve light speed without acceleration? Hitch a ride on something that is already going the speed of light.
Maybe, before you try to use quantum entanglement for something, that you should first try and understand what we mean by "quantum entanglement"? If not, you are going to be using something based on faulty knowledge.

This thread is closed. You may start a new thread asking for a more basic understanding of quantum mechanics, if you wish to learn.

Zz.