1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conceptual Work problems

1. Feb 26, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am having some trouble coming up with an answer to a couple of conceptual problems.

1. A car salesman claims that a souped-up 300hp engine is a necessary option in a compact car, in place of the conventional 130hp engine. Suppose you intend to drive the car within speed limits <= 65 mph. How would you counter this sales pitch?

-Im not really sure what to say. The math could be done to show why it is unnecessary, but this is a conceptual questions so I don't suppose that would work.

2. Who first stated the work-kinetic energy theorem? Who showed that it is useful for solving many practical problems? Do some research to answer these questions.

-The research has already been did, and I can't find out either of these.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2008 #2
    Nevermind about the first one.

But does anyone know who first stated the work-kinetic energy theorem, and who showed its usefulness?

I have looked al ot of places but I am having no luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?