1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Concurrent degree vs minor

1. Apr 17, 2008 #1
    Should I choose pick the university that allows me to do a concurrent degree (great business program) or a slightly better university that only lets me take a minor in either the arts or business (business program is not well known)? What would be the benefit in having an extra degree?

Right now I'm trying to decide whether I should sacrifice a bit on the quality of teaching/profs/TAs in order to go for a concurrent degree. I have heard some negative feedback about the profs/TAs (language barriers) at the university offering the concurrent degree.... Seeing as I'm an oral learner, this may be a problem... I realize this is an issue that may be encountered at every university, but it seems to occur at a higher frequency at that particular university...

Also, would taking a variety of mechanical/materials engineering be better (career-wise) than focusing solely on one aspect of mechanical engineering (ie. manufacturing)? I would think that doing a variety of courses would be better so I can do more different things... but diversifying too much may be a bad thing?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted