1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conferences where?

1. Sep 18, 2007 #1
    conferences where!?

pls help if you know a way for participating in a conferance,my essay is nearly abut genetic algorithms,if there is a special site for upcomming conferances,manual searches did not help,thanx previously
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2007 #2

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Did you ask faculty at your university for advice?
  4. Sep 18, 2007 #3
    Ofcourse,but they gave me some information about domestic conferences,which are not appropriate.
    I have found some,but they are very inorganized,I mean I wanted to know if there is an official way for find and choose a conference which is held in the world ,in near future,or I should rely on google searches!
    thanks alot
  5. Sep 18, 2007 #4

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

"Nearly" about?

International conferences? (What locality is "local" for you? Just curious why you find local conferences so objectionable.)

I don't know of any searchable websites which list international conferences in all areas, but professional societies often list upcoming conferences in their subject of study. Check recent issues of journals analogous to Notices of the American Mathematical Society at your local research library.

Other than that, Googling plus persistence should help.
  6. Sep 18, 2007 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Perhaps if you posted the abstract here, someone may have a suggestion.
  7. Sep 19, 2007 #6
    locally,I mean the conferences which are held in my country,a domestic conference which is not realy evaluated.
    I want to examine my chance for competing on international conferences,because I need its approvation for applying to a good unversity.
    its not totally finished,but the general aspect is about "biocomputing"
    Its about an analyse of how intelligent "ant colonies" treat each other to find a most feasible solution to an emprical problem,with too many iterations,and which of them performs better than others.
  8. Sep 19, 2007 #7

I've never seen a talk at a conference by anyone who hasn't, at least, achieved a first-degree.

And, once, more you haven't specified your country.

Good luck tho' :smile:
  9. Sep 19, 2007 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I don't really understand what you mean by this.
    What level of study are you at? Are you currently an undergraduate student looking to apply to grad school? If so, and that's what it sounds like, then if you present a paper at a "domestic" conference I'm sure it will help you massively in applications-- it doesn't need to be an international conference. The other possibility is that you are already a grad student, but this seems unlikely. Why don't you follow the advice of members of your faculty. Perhaps they have told you about these conferences in your own country for a reason-- they may be more suitable to your work than any others, for example.
  10. Sep 19, 2007 #9
    actually I`m ungrad,or better saying nearly graduated with lttle units left.
    I live in Iran,I had some mailings with some universities in sweden and U.S,and gathering information about the way they choose new students.
    I`ve found out that such kind of work in ungrad level may help to get a good admission from a better unversity.
  11. Sep 19, 2007 #10
    and I should add that its a group work,one in BS,and one in MS
  12. Sep 19, 2007 #11

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?