Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Confess, PF sisters!

1. Aug 20, 2006 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

ok, If you were the Almighty and you wanted to send a message to the nuns of the PF Sisterhood, how would you do it?
    I say though chocolate:
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14400252/

And if you really wanted to get their attention, wouldn't you also knock PF down for a few days?

My conclusion is that someone in the PF Sisterhood has been up to something very naughty. OK, who is it? And what have you done?:grumpy:
    It wasn't me, I swear. The worst thing I did last week was kill a wasp who was already sick and suffering.:redface: Really, it was the kind thing to do.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

It wouldn't happen to have been sick and suffering because of the half-can of Raid that you sprayed in its face, would it? o:)

4. Aug 20, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, everyone get down on their knees and worship the chocolate...um...:blushing: :redface:

Actually, I don't see the Virgin Mary at all (nothing at all "virgin-like" in that shape), but it does bear a remarkable resemblance to Darth Vader...among other things. :rofl:

5. Aug 20, 2006 #4
    I am with MB here, I see Darth Vader.

6. Aug 20, 2006 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can sincerely say that there were impaired motor reactions (before the RAID application) in the wasp, and therefore the wasp was ill, if I can base the assessment of the wasp's condition on its behavior.

7. Aug 20, 2006 #6
    It vaguely reminded me of the Maltese Falcon, but that's about it.

8. Aug 21, 2006 #7

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ivan has been traveling a lot lately, that gives Tsu plenty of time to cause trouble. :biggrin:

9. Aug 21, 2006 #8

honestrosewater

Gold Member

This is very strange. I captured and released a wasp last week. I found it asleep on the floor and ended up with a 4-piece capture-and-release system: (1) upside-down bowl to cover it, (2) piece of cardboard slid under bowl as a lid for transport, (3) book on which to set cardboard+bowl outside, and (4) bottle to extend reach and push bowl over edge of book, allowing wasp to escape. 100% Grade-A true story. I swear on the chocolate Yoda. o:)

Wait, maybe my wasp wasn't sleeping. Gasp.

10. Aug 21, 2006 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I agree with Moonbie. I don't see it. I think the mickey on that peeled avocado was a lot more obvious than this one. So I'll go worship that avocado.

Zz.

11. Aug 21, 2006 #10

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just looks like a turd to me. I suppose people see what they want to see, which is why I'm worried.

12. Aug 21, 2006 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, this is definitely a sign in Chocolate (what could possibly be more appropriate) to the PF Sisrterhood that our quest for chocolate is righteous and just.

send chocolate

13. Aug 21, 2006 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I agree. I now think PF shutting down along with the apparition in chocolate were a direct message for chocolate shipments to the Sisterhood to continue.:smile:

Rose, I apologize if I killed your wasp. :frown:

Integral, I miss Tsu. :cry:

14. Aug 21, 2006 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You remind me of Kyle from South Park:
    [​IMG]

15. Aug 21, 2006 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was sure you were pulling my leg. I should have known you'd never kid about Disney!
    http://www.thedisneyblog.com/tdb/2006/08/hidden_mickey_a.html

16. Aug 22, 2006 #15

Tsu

Gold Member

Naughty?? ME?? What do you mean? :devil: :biggrin:

17. Aug 22, 2006 #16

JamesU

Gold Member

I'm pretty sure it was a group effort by all of the sisters to upset the almighty:uhh:

WTH did you do?:uhh:

18. Aug 24, 2006 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hee hee. I think we have decided to just blame Artman.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?