1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Confidence Intervals; Am I correct on these 2 problems?

1. May 1, 2010 #1
    A random sample of 35 trading days is taken and the volume of a particular stock is recorded to determine whether the mean volume of the stock has changed from its 2007 value of 35.14 million shares. The sample resulted in a mean trading volume of = 39.48. Assuming a population standard deviation of 15.07, compute the margin of error for a 95% confidence interval for m. I got 4.19 Is this correct?

Also, A random sample of 35 trading days is taken and the volume of a particular stock is recorded to determine whether the mean volume of the stock has changed from its 2007 value of 35.14 million shares. The sample resulted in a mean trading volume of = 39.48. Assuming a population standard deviation of 15.07, calculate a 95% confidence interval for m using a Z interval. I got (38.64, 40.32)
    Is that correct or can it not be computed?

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted