1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conformal dimension of a scalar function?

1. Sep 14, 2008 #1
    Actually, I'm not fully understand what the meaning of conformal dimension is. But I know how to read off the conformal dimension of a tensor, say, [tex]t^{++}{}_+[/tex], then the conformal dimension is -2 + 1= -1, where the lower index carries conformal dimension 1 and upper index carries conformal dimension -1. The + index denotes the index for the light-cone coordinate [tex] z = \sigma^+ = \tau + i\sigma[/tex].
    In other words, the conformal dimension is defined by the power of the transformation factor, for example,
    [tex]t_+ \rightarrow \left(\frac{\partial z}{\partial\tilde{z}}\right)^1t_+[/tex]
    hence, [tex]t_+[/tex] has conformal dimension 1.
    However, I read from a text that the conformal dimension of [tex]\frac{1}{\sigma^+}[/tex] is 1.
    But I only know the definition of conformal dimension for tensors, how can I extend the definition of conformal dimension to the scalar function like [tex](\sigma^+ - \sigma'^+)^{-n}[/tex]??
    Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted