1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Confucius

1. Jul 14, 2004 #1
    What can you tell me about Confucius and his teachings? All I know is the kind of thing you can find in an encyclopedia (e.g. He was born in 550BCE, died 72 years later; considered himself more of a transmitter of the old teachings than a creator of new ones; wrote the analects; &c about his personal life), but I don't really know anything about confuciunism. Is there a good site I could visit?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2004 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

4. Jul 14, 2004 #3
  5. Jul 16, 2004 #4
    You can probably get any decent book on Confucious out from the library or find an inexpensive paperback in any good bookstore. I recommend reading Mencius and Sun Tzu as well just to give you a more well-rounded view of the Ancient mind in China.

"Shall I tell you what knowledge is? It is to know both what one knows and what one does not know" - Confucious

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?