OmCheeto Retires: Friends Celebrate Success

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary: OmCongratulations on your retirement! I feel lucky to know you.Retired eh? Welcome to the old.Mmmm... yes.Retired? I thought Om was only working on ohmy things, which is basically not working.. [fill the gap]Congrats if that's what you like to do.. [fill the gap]So, what are you planning to do next?... [fill the gap]Nvm, I'm just being pushy. :tongue:Woohoo Om.does that mean you now have time to come visit us all in Australia ?? :wink:cheers
Mr.maniac said:
NOW! NOW!
Hold on why not first take a bath in a HOT SPRING
in japan and meditate for a few days there.
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Man's got a good point. Don't resist it, Om. :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
Drakkith said:
Man's got a good point. Don't resist it, Om. :tongue:

Always the first name that pops into my head when I need sound medical advice: Mr. Maniac. :rolleyes:

My sciatica is induced by lifting heavy objects. There are no drugs, nor any "hot and/or cold" methods that cure my bouts. It invariably takes 3 months for things to return to normal. Hence my "30 days" comment.

Funny, my sister was visiting from out of state and dropped by my house last Thursday. I discussed my sciatica with her, as an excuse to having been almost completely non-productive over the last 66 days.

So on Saturday, she called me from my brother's house, and left a message on my answering machine, requesting I come over to help move furniture. :bugeye:

I pretended I wasn't home. :redface:

My dad developed sciatica during knee-replacement surgery (I guess they position the leg at a weird angle while the patient is sedated... :confused:?). He said recovering from the sciatica was more painful, and took much longer, than healing from the knee surgery.

OmCheeto said:

pf.2014.06.05.1511.no.release.papers.yet.chimera%20copy.jpg

Not what I envision when someone mentions sharing pants with a girl :tongue:

AnTiFreeze3 said:

Got that right.

AnTiFreeze3 said:

You only get one 30th birthday. :frown:

The image is kind of "crinkly", as someone decided the photo was humorous enough to have printed up on T-shirts. I somehow got one. I'm not sure how many were made, but there's is a kid about half my age at the river who saw me wearing mine one day and blurted out; "I've got one of those!"

:smile:

Moral of the story?

Don't waste your life being afraid to share your pants(and/or shirts) with your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlho3xJucr8
Live life, by The Kinks
The album, Misfits, was released 36 years ago.
Seems somewhat timeless.​

Just got back from spending 3 days with 4 friends at the coast. 3 are in their 70's. The 4th just turned 60. I have pictures of us all, still trying to kill ourselves. :biggrin:

OmCheeto said:
You only get one 30th birthday. :frown:

The image is kind of "crinkly", as someone decided the photo was humorous enough to have printed up on T-shirts. I somehow got one. I'm not sure how many were made, but there's is a kid about half my age at the river who saw me wearing mine one day and blurted out; "I've got one of those!"

:smile:

Moral of the story?

Don't waste your life being afraid to share your pants(and/or shirts) with your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlho3xJucr8
Live life, by The Kinks
The album, Misfits, was released 36 years ago.
Seems somewhat timeless.​

Just got back from spending 3 days with 4 friends at the coast. 3 are in their 70's. The 4th just turned 60. I have pictures of us all, still trying to kill ourselves. :biggrin:

I'm almost 72 and doing things that would kill me shouldn't be too difficult...:biggrin:

RonL said:
I'm almost 72 and doing things that would kill me shouldn't be too difficult...:biggrin:

Thanks for showing up for the party Ron!

Believe it or not, I think of you often. At least, that is, every time I think of a compressor. :tongue:

OmCheeto said:
Thanks for showing up for the party Ron!

Believe it or not, I think of you often. At least, that is, every time I think of a compressor. :tongue:
Thanks Om,
Congrats on your retirement, hope you have as much fun and enjoyment with your time as I have had and am having with mine. :approve:
I have little doubt that you will :smile:

"squeeze it tight, make it hot and always let there be more air":thumbs:

Ok, today makes six months.
I've pretty much been on vacation the whole time.
I just plugged my clock radio back in, as I think I should get back to work tomorrow.

ps. I also unplugged my phone again, as the you-know-whats thought they had me back on the hook again.

Likes lisab
OmCheeto said:
Ok, today makes six months.
I've pretty much been on vacation the whole time.
I just plugged my clock radio back in, as I think I should get back to work tomorrow.

ps. I also unplugged my phone again, as the you-know-whats thought they had me back on the hook again.
I think a six-month break is entirely reasonable.

But if your weather is anything like ours up here, I hope you can do most of your work indoors - it's coooooold out there :oldsurprised:!

lisab said:
I think a six-month break is entirely reasonable.

But if your weather is anything like ours up here, I hope you can do most of your work indoors - it's coooooold out there :oldsurprised:!
Yup. It's freezing here too. But the only thing left to do outside is to rake the leaves, and that can wait till spring. :)

Today and tomorrow, anyways.
It's supposed to rain on Monday and Tuesday.​

Likes Drakkith
OmCheeto said:
Today and tomorrow, anyways.
It's supposed to rain on Monday and Tuesday.​

How's the garden going this year? So far this looks like a great planting year in this part of Oregon.

Congrats OM!

Likes OmCheeto
Retired at 30??

nsaspook said:
How's the garden going this year? So far this looks like a great planting year in this part of Oregon.

Grandly! Nearly all of the parent strawberry plants survived the winter.

2014.06.21.gutter.garden.new.jpg

June 2014​

I now have 3 gutters full of them.

2015.05.30.gutter.garden.new.jpg

May 30, 2015​

Please note, that there are no longer laurel bushes in the background. It took me at least two weeks to dig up the stinking roots.

Om's top ten list of weeds:

10. English Ivy (pfft!)
9. Dandy lions
8. Deadly nightshade
7. Morning glories
6. Small trees
5. Slightly larger trees
4. Stinky Bob
3. Hawthorne bush
2. Blackberries, and their inbred relatives

#1. Laurel bushes. They are not a hedge. They are a nightmare.

Two thoughts:
1.) I briefly was confused by the notion of Johnny Cash being black and crispy smooth, instead of white and gravelly smooth.
2.) If you're ever in need of a sciatica-free land-sculpter, I'm your guy. Being two weeks into my reign of employment--working for a landscaping and maintenance company--I believe I know about all there is to it, except mulching in the rain. That I refuse to do.

<h2>1. What is "OmCheeto Retires: Friends Celebrate Success"?</h2><p>"OmCheeto Retires: Friends Celebrate Success" is a celebration event for the retirement of OmCheeto, a well-known scientist in the field of genetics. It is organized by his friends and colleagues to honor his contributions and achievements throughout his career.</p><h2>2. When and where will the event take place?</h2><p>The event will take place on [date] at [location]. The exact date and location will be announced closer to the event date.</p><h2>3. Who can attend the event?</h2><p>The event is open to all friends, colleagues, and admirers of OmCheeto. However, due to limited space, invitations will be sent out to a select group of individuals. If you would like to attend, please contact the event organizers for more information.</p><h2>4. What can attendees expect at the event?</h2><p>The event will feature speeches, presentations, and a special tribute to OmCheeto. There will also be a dinner and networking opportunities for attendees to connect and celebrate with each other.</p><h2>5. How can I contribute to the event?</h2><p>If you would like to contribute to the event, you can do so by sharing memories, photos, or messages for OmCheeto. You can also volunteer to help with the event planning or make a donation towards the event expenses. Please contact the event organizers for more information on how to contribute.</p>

1. What is "OmCheeto Retires: Friends Celebrate Success"?

"OmCheeto Retires: Friends Celebrate Success" is a celebration event for the retirement of OmCheeto, a well-known scientist in the field of genetics. It is organized by his friends and colleagues to honor his contributions and achievements throughout his career.

2. When and where will the event take place?

The event will take place on [date] at [location]. The exact date and location will be announced closer to the event date.

3. Who can attend the event?

The event is open to all friends, colleagues, and admirers of OmCheeto. However, due to limited space, invitations will be sent out to a select group of individuals. If you would like to attend, please contact the event organizers for more information.

4. What can attendees expect at the event?

The event will feature speeches, presentations, and a special tribute to OmCheeto. There will also be a dinner and networking opportunities for attendees to connect and celebrate with each other.

5. How can I contribute to the event?

If you would like to contribute to the event, you can do so by sharing memories, photos, or messages for OmCheeto. You can also volunteer to help with the event planning or make a donation towards the event expenses. Please contact the event organizers for more information on how to contribute.