Who Recently Graduated or Completed an Advanced Degree?

• Praise
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I just got my Master's of Science - Mathematics! :)In summary, many members of the community have recently graduated or completed advanced degrees in various fields, including math, engineering, physics, and geography. Congratulations and well done to all the new graduates and those who have received honors. There is also a discussion about the stress and uncertainty of final exams and presentations, with some members sharing their experiences and congratulating each other on their successes. Overall, it is a positive and supportive atmosphere with many members expressing their pride and admiration for each other's accomplishments.
Congratulations, Gokul!

Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats!

Thanks all. Got some serious catching up on sleep that I've been trying to do ... with not a lot of luck.

way to go Gokul, congratulations.

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
Thanks all. Got some serious catching up on sleep that I've been trying to do ... with not a lot of luck.

Damn, that's the best part of finishing a degree :rofl: ... Congrats Gokul!

Congratulations Gokul!

Man , only if I had announced my graduation here , Gokul is getting a lot of love ...

Gokul43201 said:
[late intruder] Just defended my thesis yesterday. Phew!

How did I missed that? Congrats!

Gokul43201 said:
[late intruder] Just defended my thesis yesterday. Phew!

OMG! I didn't see this thread restart and missed it. A very belated congratulations! Woo hoo! Way to go!

When do you pack up and move to a post-doc position? Don't forget to pack up the largest cooler you can find with Graeter's ice cream! You'll need to wean yourself off it slowly. :biggrin:

Thanks again, everyone - this is kinda embarrassing :redface:

Moonbie, I start my postdoc next week, so I'm off in a couple days or so.

Congrats everyone!

I graduated too! Bachelor's of Science - Mathematics.

Doing my Master's now, like Cyrus.

Yes, I had only just found this thread and read the last page, so belated congratulations to everyone including GCT, and congratulations JasonRox

JasonRox said:
Congrats everyone!

Nicely done, Jason!

Gokul43201 said:
Thanks again, everyone - this is kinda embarrassing :redface:

Moonbie, I start my postdoc next week, so I'm off in a couple days or so.

Good luck with the move! Make sure you check in as soon as you have internet access established again. :biggrin:

JasonRox said:
Congrats everyone!

Congrats to you too! I know you worked extremely hard to earn your degree, so it's great to hear you've finally gotten it and have moved on to grad school.

New Graduates or advanced degrees? I know of one:

Congratulations Pengwuino!

Yay! Thanks! :biggrin:

I got my dual bachelors in Penguinology AND Penguinonomy!

And my BS in Physics!

What do you plan to do now?

I'm already in Grad school working towards my Masters. I graduated in December so all this congratulations stuff like these parties and commencement have all been so... late haha!

Pengwuino said:
I'm already in Grad school working towards my Masters. I graduated in December so all this congratulations stuff like these parties and commencement have all been so... late haha!

Oh... so you are doing a MS in Massive Pooping?

Cyclovenom said:
Oh... so you are doing a MS in Massive Pooping?

or an MP... Master of Pooping?

Math Is Hard said:
or an MP... Master of Pooping?

Nah, it's an MS, just the right word isn't pooping. :wink:

Congrats Pengwuino and other recent grads!

Moonbear said:
Nah, it's an MS, just the right word isn't pooping. :wink:

Oh, I see. :rofl:

<h2>1. Who is considered a recent graduate or someone who has completed an advanced degree?</h2><p>A recent graduate is someone who has completed their undergraduate degree within the last 6-12 months. Someone who has completed an advanced degree is someone who has obtained a master's or doctoral degree.</p><h2>2. How long does it typically take to complete an advanced degree?</h2><p>The length of time to complete an advanced degree varies depending on the program and the individual's academic progress. On average, it takes 2-3 years to complete a master's degree and 4-6 years to complete a doctoral degree.</p><h2>3. What types of advanced degrees are available?</h2><p>There are several types of advanced degrees, including Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), and Doctor of Education (EdD), among others. The type of degree someone pursues depends on their field of study and career goals.</p><h2>4. What are the benefits of obtaining an advanced degree?</h2><p>Earning an advanced degree can lead to higher-paying job opportunities, career advancement, and increased knowledge and skills in a particular field. It can also open doors to new career paths and opportunities for networking and professional development.</p><h2>5. Is it necessary to have an advanced degree to be successful in a particular field?</h2><p>It depends on the field and the individual's career goals. In some industries, an advanced degree may be required for certain positions or to advance in one's career. In other fields, experience and skills may be more valuable. It is important to research the specific requirements and expectations for success in a particular field.</p>

1. Who is considered a recent graduate or someone who has completed an advanced degree?

A recent graduate is someone who has completed their undergraduate degree within the last 6-12 months. Someone who has completed an advanced degree is someone who has obtained a master's or doctoral degree.

2. How long does it typically take to complete an advanced degree?

The length of time to complete an advanced degree varies depending on the program and the individual's academic progress. On average, it takes 2-3 years to complete a master's degree and 4-6 years to complete a doctoral degree.

3. What types of advanced degrees are available?

There are several types of advanced degrees, including Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), and Doctor of Education (EdD), among others. The type of degree someone pursues depends on their field of study and career goals.

4. What are the benefits of obtaining an advanced degree?

Earning an advanced degree can lead to higher-paying job opportunities, career advancement, and increased knowledge and skills in a particular field. It can also open doors to new career paths and opportunities for networking and professional development.

5. Is it necessary to have an advanced degree to be successful in a particular field?

It depends on the field and the individual's career goals. In some industries, an advanced degree may be required for certain positions or to advance in one's career. In other fields, experience and skills may be more valuable. It is important to research the specific requirements and expectations for success in a particular field.