Congratulations in Order?

• Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date
In summary, Danger mentions that if they ever decide to make their relationship official, they would have a simple ceremony with a cash bar and no gifts. He also mentions that this wedding would be more for him, as his partner has already had two weddings. Later, he jokingly reveals that he is now married, possibly indicating that their relationship is now official.
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations in Order?

On 17 August 2007, Danger wrote

Danger said:
If W and I ever make it official, it'll be her, me, and a justice of the peace. Maybe a cash bar party afterward, with 'no gifts' requested, just so those of our friends who give a **** can celebrate. She's already had 2 'girlie' weddings; this one is mine. :devil:

On 9 September 2007, Danger wrote

Danger said:
Hang on a sec... I'm married now... I gave it up for a lot less... :cry:

Did I miss something? Or are you (Danger) only unofficially married?

Physics news on Phys.org
AFAIK it's still unofficial.

Hang on a sec... I'm married now... I gave it up for a lot less...
He's just had an epiphany regarding his potentially sempiternal state.

Last edited:

First of all, congratulations on your marriage, Danger! Whether it was a small ceremony or a grand celebration, I am sure it was a special and meaningful moment for you and your partner.

In response to your post, it seems like you have made a decision to have a simpler and more intimate wedding, without all the traditional frills and expectations. It's great that you and your partner are prioritizing what is important to both of you and creating a wedding that is truly yours.

As for your comment about giving up a lot for marriage, it's important to remember that marriage is a partnership and a commitment between two people. It's not about giving up one's individual identity, but rather coming together as a team and supporting each other through all of life's ups and downs.

Once again, congratulations on your marriage and I wish you and your partner a lifetime of happiness and love.

1. What does "Congratulations in Order" mean?

"Congratulations in Order" is a phrase used to express congratulations or well wishes for someone who has achieved something noteworthy or significant.

2. When is it appropriate to say "Congratulations in Order"?

"Congratulations in Order" is typically used when someone has accomplished something positive, such as graduating, getting a promotion, or winning an award.

3. Can "Congratulations in Order" be used sarcastically?

Yes, "Congratulations in Order" can be used sarcastically to express insincerity or mockery towards someone's accomplishment.

4. Is "Congratulations in Order" a formal or informal phrase?

"Congratulations in Order" can be used in both formal and informal settings, depending on the context and tone in which it is used.

5. Are there any other phrases that can be used instead of "Congratulations in Order"?

Yes, some other phrases that can be used to express congratulations include "Well done!", "Great job!", and "Congratulations on your success!"