Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Congratulations Mih!

1. Dec 3, 2005 #1

Danger

Gold Member

Hey, Sweetie... I just saw your post announcing your Biology scores. Way to go! Somebody who knows how should get over here and post a party for you.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yeah MIH!!!!!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Dec 3, 2005 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Yeah... like that. :biggrin:

5. Dec 3, 2005 #4
    [​IMG]

Really, good job.

6. Dec 3, 2005 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hooray for MIH!
    [​IMG]

7. Dec 3, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Way to go sis!!!!
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

8. Dec 3, 2005 #7

Astronuc

Way to go MIH! :cool:

Need a 'two thumbs up' smiley here. :approve: :smile:

9. Dec 3, 2005 #8
    Good Job MIH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Dec 3, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here, I'll provide the second thumb. :biggrin: :approve:

11. Dec 3, 2005 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aw, thanks, Danger and Evo and Knavish and Bob!!!:!!) :!!) :!!)
    And Moonie, matt and 'Nuc!!!:!!) :!!) :!!)
    yeah, I was pretty excited. I didn't know if I would like biology or not. I haven't had a biology class since eighth grade, I think, so I was pretty nervous going into it. Once in a while you get an amazing teacher for a subject and it just makes all the difference. My teacher totally reminds me of Moonbear - she's really, really knowledgeable, and she's hysterically funny.

Chem has been another matter all together. Our teacher actually gave up on trying to teach us oxidation and reduction reactions because the whole class couldn't get it (yours truly included)! :redface:

Anyway, oh boy - it's party time! Anyone know how to make a dirty martini?

12. Dec 3, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think it just means adding some of the juice from the olives to the martini. To get the right vermouth to gin ratio, well, that's best determined empirically. Mix some together, if you need more of one or the other, just add more, if you add too much, add more of the other, etc. :biggrin:

Or you could follow a recipe I suppose:
    http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/3069

But I find martinis are too personal to just follow a recipe (I don't like mine as dry as most people do, but definitely dirty!)

13. Dec 3, 2005 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've never developed a taste for the gin martini. I really like them with Stoli vodka, though. And I like 'em extra dirty with three olives. I used to go to this place where the bartender was really masterful. He would serve them really cold and there were thin little flecks of ice floating on the top. Yummmmmmmmmy!

14. Dec 3, 2005 #13

Evo

You're KILIING ME!!!! All I have here is cheap paint remover grade vodka, nothing I can use to make a good dirty martini. :cry:

15. Dec 3, 2005 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've been thinking about trying one of those chocolate martinis. I dunno. It's one of those things that could be really great or really gross. It looks really cool, though. They had a picture of one in Vanity Fair and it was garnished with a Godiva truffle on the side of the glass.

16. Dec 3, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oooh, we should get together sometime and go drinking! The other people I know who drink martinis get all snobby about the ice...they want ice cubes made from filtered water and round ice, not cubes, so they don't get those flecks. :rolleyes: I do like the gin martinis, and had one tonight...yep, dirty with 3 olives...to celebrate with you! I also like various drinks similar to martinis and served in a martini glass (I just love the glasses...I recently bought a few more at Pier 1...I love all the different shapes and colors. It's no fun to have them all look the same. When I've accumulated enough glasses, I'm going to have a party and serve all the drinks in martini glasses. :biggrin: Even soda will get served in martini glasses! :approve:

17. Dec 3, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is it made with that Godiva chocolate liqueur? That stuff is wonderful! (I wasn't sure about chocolate liqueur the first time someone introduced me to it, but it's definitely very good). I can imagine that going well with vodka. Ooooooooh...I bet it would be really tasty to do a cocktail (or martini...whatever)...with chocolate liqueur, some vodka, and some of that noyeaux (sp?)...it's a walnut liqueur. Is there a hazelnut liqueur? That would be even better I think.

18. Dec 3, 2005 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We have to get together and experiment with different mixtures one of these days. We'll set up a martini lab. :approve: The hard part will be keeping sober enough to record the data!

19. Dec 3, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I predict the last martini will taste the best. :biggrin: Maybe on the next PF turbo-charged RV trip, we can set up the martini bar.

Where's Zz? I think I may have to check that he's strong enough to carry me back to my room at Disney since I won't have to worry about driving anywhere while there. :biggrin:

20. Dec 3, 2005 #19

Evo

Have you tried a dirty martini with the garlic jalapeno olives yet? :!!)

I used to drink black martini's. They have Chambord at the bottom. So they are raspberry martinis.

Oooh, the Bellini Martini, I used to go to YaYa's and get frozen Bellinis. :!!)

Ok, here is a list of Martinis for us to try. I'll fuel up the Super Sonic RV, we're doing this new Year's Eve, right?

most popular drinks in this category...

French Martini
    Martini Cocktail
    Cosmopolitan Martini
    Dirty Martini
    Dry Martini
    Dirty Vodka Martini
    Sour Apple Martini
    Vodka Martini
    Key Lime Martini
    Hypnotic Martini
    Pomegranate Martini
    Mexican Martini
    Watermelon Martini
    Caribbean Martini
    Vegas Lemon Drop Martini

Raspberry Martini
    Blue Moon Martini
    James Bond Martini
    Lychee Martini
    Bellini Martini
    Milky Way Martini
    Strawberry Martini
    Crantini
    Dirty Bloody Martini
    Coco Martini
    Lemon Drop Martini
    Sunset Martini Cocktail
    Apples and Oranges Martini
    Absinthe Martini
    Banana Split Martini

from http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink1298.html

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  21. Dec 3, 2005 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Those all sound amazing! I wonder what the French martini is? I've never heard of that one.

Garlic jalapeno olives, huh? I could probably eat a jar of those on their own. Reminds me of the bloody marys we used to get on the ferry over to Catalina Island. They're always garnished with a spicy pickled green bean. It sounds kinda weird but they are really, really good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?