Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Congressional Fili-what?

1. May 28, 2005 #1

SOS2008

Gold Member

Some people view the filibuster as a vital democratic tool, but others see it as an unnecessary impediment to legislative progress. What do you think?

From The Onion -- This cracked me up. Here's mine:

SOS, PF Addict
    "I really like the "Blizzard" at DQ, and can't wait to try the "Filibuster."

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2005 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

whew, thank god I'm not like evo and drink at the computer

4. May 28, 2005 #3

SOS2008

Gold Member

Here's another one:

SOS, PF Addict
    "Another fad diet? I don't usually go in for those things. But I think I may try the filibuster, because I've been gaining weight since joining PF."

5. May 28, 2005 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

"how do you fill doughnuts mommy?"
    "you use the fillabuster"
    "oh"
    "stick this there, don't use it too much, or you'll ruin everything"

6. May 28, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The filibuster is the coolest ride at magic mountain down south

7. May 28, 2005 #6

cronxeh

Gold Member

heh you guys complaining about filibuster.

it IS a democratic process, a part of its set anyway

this raises a good question - is democracy obsolete? should rising governments without corruption adopt a new form of democracy - a mathematical-economical based system that separates religion, hypocracy, beuracracy and free enterprises from its core?

the mathematical models needed to make exact legislatives were not possible in 17-21 centuries, however with today's advent of super computers it should be possible to make exact statistical multivariable models with exact data of population and predict exactly how the resources must be spent. Perhaps as a rule of thumb if a country has a 2-children law it would even be better. People should not reproduce like rabbits - 2 children per family should be enough in most cases.

If a given set of exact rules are set and kept and families dont split as often as they would under normal circumstances due to religion or economic hardships, then it should be possible to create a utopian society with a very conservative set of rules and regulations and extreme liberalism.

Keeping the government at bay and on leash of the constitutional principles is a top priority in such societies and filibusting wont even be possible due to mathematical principles which would govern the policies

8. May 28, 2005 #7

SOS2008

Gold Member

I've had my fili with the holes in your theories buster! :biggrin:
    :rofl: Yeh, talk about being taken for a ride--you stand in line for 15 minutes for something you forget about a minute later.
    Ooooo, cool! :cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?