Solve My Problem: Get Rid of Strange Port

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is experiencing issues with a strange port that is constantly appearing when they log onto the internet. They are unsure how to get rid of it and are seeking help and advice from online forums. Some recommendations are given for where to ask questions, including the current forum and a related sister site.
Vance
i am unluckily connected to a strange port which is bugging me badly night and day, I checked uot and found that whenever i log on internet, this connection appears besides my connection to my server, how can i get rid of it ?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
What exactly are your connections?

Thanks alot,
i have some problems with local host, why are there 2 ports at the same time connected when I log on the net ?
Sometimes only one appears, sometimes there are two...

I don't know how to deal with this ?

By theway, Russ watter, can you introduce me some forums about Internet, web etc for me to make some questions like this... This place is also a good place but I think this forum is much more of sciences than technologies...there are not many people coming to help newies like me...

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You can ask your questions here.

Another good place is one of PF's sister sites, www.talkroot.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I identify the strange port on my device?

To identify the strange port on your device, you can check the user manual or specifications of your device. You can also try searching online for the model of your device and the term "ports" to find diagrams or images that show the different ports on your device.

2. Why is it important to get rid of the strange port?

Having a strange port on your device can pose a security risk as it can be used by hackers to gain access to your device. It can also cause compatibility issues with other devices or accessories that require specific ports.

3. Can I remove the strange port myself?

It is not recommended to remove the strange port yourself unless you have proper knowledge and experience with hardware and electronics. It is best to seek professional help to avoid causing damage to your device.

4. How can I disable the strange port on my device?

You can disable the strange port on your device through the device's settings or by using a software tool specifically designed for managing ports. You can also contact the manufacturer for assistance in disabling the port.

5. Is there a way to prevent strange ports from appearing on my device?

There is no surefire way to prevent strange ports from appearing on your device, but you can take measures such as being cautious of the websites and downloads you visit, regularly updating your device's software and security, and using reputable antivirus software to minimize the risk of getting strange ports on your device.