1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Connection of circuits

1. Apr 22, 2006 #1
    Hi, I have a question about 'breadboards.' These provide a means of wiring up a circuit. I'm a bit behind and I'm trying to figure out how to connect circuit elements in parallel using these boards.

I know that each row on the board represents a 'node' of a circuit so connecting circuit elements in series is not a problem because I can see how it's supposed to be done. But what's the difference between 'series' and 'parallel' connections on breadboards? Any help would be good thanks.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2006 #2
    Too bad i can't physically show you, it would be alot easier. t

Parallel is when they share the same two nodes and series is when they share a single node. If you want to connect an element in parallel, just put the same element above or below the first on the same columns. What you wanna do is build the circuit exactly as you see it on the diagram.
  4. Apr 23, 2006 #3
    Ok, I think I get what you're trying to illustrate. Thanks for your help.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?