Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conscious computers, Strong AI

1. Apr 3, 2005 #1

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What are the most fundamental assumptions behind strong AI? Would you agree that strong AI claims:
    1) the most fundamental assumption is that cause and effect governs all (macroscopic) physical systems
    2) the brain is a physical system which is essentially a computational mechanism.

What do you think is the importance of "cause and effect" to the strong AI arguement?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2005 #2
    Q Goest: I happen to be in the middle of the first draft of a prototype, A.I. personality.
    It would be quite an honour to entertain any feed back of interest you my have in helping me complete this entity. I find that there are a hand full of a combination of systems I have used to answer that question; ie. the ability to analyze and reduce the personalitys of mathematics to a matter of healthy relationships(do you follow)?!
    Urgent: Reply Soon................Medium.........>

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?