Correcting Errors in Conservative Line Integral Calculation

In summary, the student is asking for help with part c of a problem and has provided their attempt at a solution. They are unsure of their answer and are wondering if it is wrong or if they made a mistake in their calculations. The expert suggests corrections to their solution and believes that with these changes, the correct answer will be obtained.
fonseh

Homework Statement

I am having question with part c , for both c1 and c2 , here's my working for c1 , i didnt get the ans though . My ans is -5 , but the given ans for c1 and c2 is 27 , is the ans wrong ? Or which part i did wrongly ?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• IMG_20161206_010836.jpg
    IMG_20161206_010836.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20161206_011204.jpg
    IMG_20161206_011204.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 334
Physics news on Phys.org
## z=0 ## in the ## \hat{j} ## term, and the ## \hat{k} ## term in ## d \vec{r}/dt ## equals zero, so that both the ## \hat{j} ## and ## \hat{k} ## terms are equal to zero. You left off the ## t ## term in the ## \hat{i} ## integral term. With these corrections, I think you will get the correct answer.

What is a conservative line integral?

A conservative line integral is a mathematical concept used in vector calculus to calculate the work done by a conservative vector field along a given path.

What is a conservative vector field?

A conservative vector field is a vector field in which the line integral between any two points is independent of the path taken between them. This means that the work done by the field is only dependent on the initial and final positions, not the path itself.

How is a conservative line integral calculated?

To calculate a conservative line integral, you must first find a potential function for the vector field. Then, you can use the Fundamental Theorem of Line Integrals to evaluate the integral by simply plugging in the initial and final positions.

What is the significance of a conservative line integral?

A conservative line integral is significant because it allows us to calculate the work done by a force that is dependent on the path taken. This is useful in many areas of science and engineering, such as calculating the work done by an electric field or gravitational force.

What are some real-world applications of conservative line integrals?

Conservative line integrals have many real-world applications, including calculating the work done by conservative forces in physics, finding the potential energy of objects, and analyzing fluid flow in engineering. They are also used in fields such as economics and finance to calculate the work done by changing forces or values over a given path.