Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Consistant Periodic Table

1. Mar 20, 2006 #1

Nim

Im working on a periodic table in vb.net and I want to start adding in the information for the density, melting point and boiling point for the elements. The problem that Im having is I need to find a source that I know has only entered these values for a specific temp and pressure. I prefer the temperature to be 20 celsius for the density and the pressure to be 1 atmosphere. Im going to use kelvin and g/cm3.

Does anyone know of a source that always shows what pressure/temp its values are based on or a source that says up front that it is all based on a certain pressure and temp unless other-wise noted?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2006 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Unless otherwise noted, they are almost always at STP, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't noted. Just Google for periodic table and check the first dozen or so hits - it shouldn't take that long.

4. Mar 21, 2006 #3

russ_watters

5. Mar 21, 2006 #4

Nim

How do you know what they use for the melting point and boiling point on that periodic table? Are you sure it's consistant, the stp thing only seem to appear with the density about every 10 elements are so.

6. Mar 22, 2006 #5

russ_watters

Unless otherwise noted, it will be STP. I'd bet money one it. They have a source listed though, so if you wanted to, you could check the book out of the library...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?