Conspiracy Theories: Check & Share Your Thoughts

In summary, a conspiracy theory is a belief that a secret and often malicious group is responsible for an event or situation, often without evidence. People may believe in conspiracy theories for various reasons, such as a desire for control or a lack of trust in authority. These theories often spread through word of mouth, social media, and the internet, and can be perpetuated by influential individuals or media outlets. While some conspiracies have been proven true, most lack credible evidence and should be critically evaluated. Combatting the spread of conspiracy theories can be done through education, critical thinking, fact-checking, and promoting open-mindedness and respectful dialogue.
i_wish_i_was_smart
check this out
http://www.prisonplanet.tv/audio/091204hilton.htm
and this
http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon.php#Main

tell me what you think

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Prison Planet seems to back any conspiracy that will attract bucks, without worrying about internal consistency.

The one about the Pentagon has been debunked so many times it's pitiful.

My humble opinion, these are just scams to get your money.

i just came across them on another forum, i just thought of posting it here, I've never seen the pentagon one on here though

1. What is a conspiracy theory?

A conspiracy theory is a belief that a secret and usually malevolent group is responsible for an event or situation, often with little or no evidence to support it.

2. Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?

There are a variety of reasons why people believe in conspiracy theories, including a desire for control and certainty in uncertain situations, a lack of trust in authority figures, and a need for a sense of belonging to a group.

3. How do conspiracy theories spread?

Conspiracy theories often spread through word of mouth, social media, and the internet. They can also be perpetuated by influential individuals or media outlets that promote them.

4. Are there any real conspiracies?

While some conspiracy theories have been proven to be true, the vast majority are based on speculation and lack credible evidence. It is important to critically evaluate information and sources before accepting a conspiracy theory as fact.

5. How can we combat the spread of conspiracy theories?

One way to combat the spread of conspiracy theories is through education and critical thinking. It is important to fact-check information and seek out reliable sources. Additionally, promoting open-mindedness and respectful dialogue can help to reduce the spread of conspiracy theories.