How to Achieve 0-300V 50mA & 50uA in Parallel Circuit

In summary, the conversation revolves around building a 0-300V 50uA constant current regulator and the challenges of doing so without active components. The poster is seeking advice and help in finding a solution that would allow them to avoid purchasing another power supply.
juzzy
I have a variable voltage constant current power supply 0-300v at 50mA. Is it possible and if so what would be the simplest way to have a parallel circuit with 0-300v 50mA on one side and 0-300v 50uA on the other? A simple resistor isn't going to work because the supply maintains 50mA. Any help would be appreciated

Engineering news on Phys.org
Build a 0-300V 50uA constant current regulator. The main supply will just sit at 300V trying to drive 50ma.

There is no way that occurs to me to do it without active components. It only needs to dissipate 15mW when shorted and the input is 300V.

berkeman's post from another thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/simple-current-limiter-for-ltspice.833264/

86715.gif

meBigGuy said:
Build a 0-300V 50uA constant current regulator. The main supply will just sit at 300V trying to drive 50ma.

There is no way that occurs to me to do it without active components. It only needs to dissipate 15mW when shorted and the input is 300V.

berkeman's post from another thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/simple-current-limiter-for-ltspice.833264/

86715.gif
...and so is worth pursuing. Thank you very much. your help is much appreciated. It will save me having to purchase another power supply.

1. How can I achieve a voltage output of 0-300V in a parallel circuit?

To achieve a voltage output of 0-300V in a parallel circuit, you will need to use a variable power supply or a voltage divider circuit. The voltage divider circuit consists of two resistors in parallel, with one resistor having a fixed value and the other having a variable value. By adjusting the variable resistor, you can control the output voltage within the range of 0-300V.

2. What is the maximum current that can be achieved in a parallel circuit?

In a parallel circuit, the maximum current is determined by the sum of the individual currents flowing through each branch. Therefore, there is no specific limit to the maximum current that can be achieved in a parallel circuit, as it depends on the components used and their individual current ratings.

3. How can I achieve a current output of 50mA in a parallel circuit?

To achieve a current output of 50mA in a parallel circuit, you will need to use a current limiting resistor in series with the load. The value of the resistor can be calculated using Ohm's law (R=V/I), where R is the resistance, V is the voltage across the resistor, and I is the desired current (50mA in this case).

4. What is the purpose of using a parallel circuit for achieving specific voltage and current outputs?

A parallel circuit allows for the independent control of voltage and current outputs. This means that by adjusting the values of the components in each branch, you can achieve specific voltage and current outputs without affecting the other. This flexibility is useful in many applications, such as in electronic devices and power supplies.

5. Can I achieve both 50mA and 50uA outputs simultaneously in a parallel circuit?

Yes, it is possible to achieve both 50mA and 50uA outputs simultaneously in a parallel circuit. This can be achieved by using multiple branches in the circuit, each with different values of resistors and other components. By properly designing the circuit, you can achieve the desired outputs for both current and voltage simultaneously.