1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Constant power kinematics

1. Nov 4, 2008 #1
    This isn't really a homework problem, but it has to do with classwork.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Suppose and object is constrained to move only in one dimension and, subsequently, moves solely under a constant-power source. You are invited to provide a pedagogical discussion about the kinematics describing the motion of the object

2. Relevant equations

Supposed to find those.

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached my paper.

Yes, it's my first time posting and hope you all will not fault me for that. All I need help with is if yall think that this paper will suffice for this question. thanks! :biggrin:

EDIT: fixed

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. You could save the document as a PDF and upload it -- there is a free PDF writer at PrimoPDF.com:

Or you could try saving it in one of the other formats that are supported by the PF software.
  4. Nov 4, 2008 #3
    Thanks. So far this semester 2 other classmates and I have been struggling through our first year of physics. I decided to join here for the last month or 2 and hopefully for physics 2. I've seen that this is an amazing place to find information.
  5. Nov 5, 2008 #4
  6. Nov 5, 2008 #5

Staff: Mentor

Interesting paper. I didn't go through all the math, but it looked like your approach was okay. I did see at least one small typo in the beginning of the paper:

Probably deleting the word "finding" would fix it.

Also, I'm not sure what they are asking for when they say "pedagogical discussion". I guess that literally means a teaching discussion, and maybe deriving those equations is what they mean. But for me, I'd like to also see a discussion of what real-world processes might exhibit this constant power characteristic, and what kinds of real-world motions that would result in.

Can you give some examples? Do you think it would help the paper to list some of those examples? (If you don't think so, that's fair.)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?