1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Content Science Questions

1. Jul 16, 2008 #1
    I have a couple of questions that I could use help in answering if anyone could lend me a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

900 kj is applied to 50g of aluminum, what is the specific heat?

Snowboarder traveling 14m/s jumps a ramp, what is the max height?

Pendulum length L & period T, the length increases to 2L, what is T?

5kg car collides head on with an identical car at rest, 1st car comes to a stop, what happens to the 2nd car?

I realize some of the questions seem vague, but this is how they appear on the test?
    Any input will be helpful.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2008 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi brute25! Welcome to PF! :smile:

hmm :rolleyes: … let's start with:
    What have you tried? What equation do you think would help? :smile:

4. Jul 17, 2008 #3
    I'm not real sure.
    I'm taking the texes exam to become a science teacher in texas and this question was on the test.
    My strengths are in anatomy & biology.
    Is there a goog website to look up the equation?
    Thanks

5. Jul 17, 2008 #4

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

ah … I think you need a good book which covers the whole of physics rather than a few websites to answer individual questions.

To be a Texas science teacher, you presumably need to know a lot more science than you do at present.

To deal with the questions you asked:

a] wikipedia "specific heat".
    b] you ned to know formulas for uniform acceleration
    c] wikipedia "pendulum"
    d] momentum is conserved in all collisions

But this is a patchwork approach … not very appropriate for a big career step.

I suggest you start a thread in the Academic & Career Guidance forum (click this), where more people who can help will see it, and explain what Texas expects of you (and when), and what your personal history is, re physics and maths. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?