Finding the Missing Term: F4E, S9, ..

• Thread starter Ed Aboud
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sequence
In summary, the person is seeking guidance for a sequence problem where they have to determine the next term in the sequence "F4E,S9,..". They are unsure of what "F4E" and "S9" mean and are requesting more information about the problem.
Ed Aboud
Hi I was wondering could some one give me some guidance with this:

F4E,S9,...

You have to write down the next term in the sequence.
Its probably very easy but its late and I can't see it.

Thanks for the help!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I have absolutely no idea what "F4E" and "S9" mean! "F4E" might possibly be a number in base 16 but "S9" couldn't be. Could you possibly state the entire problem?

Thats all that I was given

"F4E,S9,.."
Write down the consecutive term.edit: This problem was supposed to be for a 12 year old so there probably isn't anything complex in it.

Last edited:

1. What is a sequence?

A sequence is a list of numbers, letters, or other items that follow a specific order or pattern.

2. How do you continue a sequence?

To continue a sequence, you must identify the pattern or rule that governs the sequence and use it to determine the next item.

3. What are some common types of sequences?

Some common types of sequences include arithmetic sequences, geometric sequences, and Fibonacci sequences.

4. Can a sequence have multiple patterns?

Yes, a sequence can have multiple patterns. In some cases, there may be an overall pattern that combines smaller patterns within the sequence.

5. Is there a specific formula for continuing a sequence?

No, there is not a specific formula for continuing a sequence. The method for continuing a sequence will vary depending on the type of sequence and the patterns involved.