Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Contribution Question

1. Jun 24, 2009 #1

Danger

Gold Member

This is an open letter to PF Administration.
    A couple of years ago, I took up the offer of a 6-year PF membership for ($125?). Last year, I received an e-mail from PayPal which was essentially identical to the one following this writing. I PM'd Greg to check on what was happening, and never got a response. A couple of weeks ago, the enclosed e-mail arrived from PayPal. I have no reason to suspect any malfeasance on Greg's part; I suspect rather a technical glitch involving PayPal. I never authorized automatic withdrawal of any funds; I'm supposed to be billed for anything and then approve account accessibility. In this particular instance, I'm wondering why I've been billed for 2 years of PF membership which were already paid for.
    Will someone please investigate this and get back to me? Since my PM box is still full, you can respond either here or on my private e-mail. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2009 #2
    Very odd!! PF subscriptions are NOT reoccurring. For whatever reason you were on a paypal subscription for your 1yr subscription. Perhaps in 06 I was messing with some settings and you had the unfortunate timing of signing up before I put the settings back to normal. I don't know. In any event, I've canceled the subscription and refunded your money. Sorry for the hassle.

4. Jun 26, 2009 #3

Danger

Gold Member

No worries. Thanks for the prompt action. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook