Convert 120Watts to 15000Watts

• Thread starter Jacquesl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convert
In summary, a power supply won't just deliver its rated current. That's the maximum which can be drawn. Two power supplies rated at 60W will give you 120W at best. Wow.
Jacquesl
Combine 1V @ 60A = 60Watts
250V @ 0.24A = 60Watts

So my big question is, can I take that two separately 60watt power supply = 120watt
And make it give me a output of total 250V @ 60A = 15000Watts :rolleyes:
Combine the to inputs and feed it to a transformer
In theory, I will end up with 120Watts and not 15000Watts :yuck:
and how does it work, that I can send a DC source of 28V @ 10A and 250V @ 0.30A down the same cable but that 10A doesn’t help then it come to the 250V
So that 10A it’s only available then it comes to the 28V loads and the same with the 250V @ 0.30A

So does anyone know a solution?

Engineering news on Phys.org
This makes absolutely no sense to me.

I don't follow either.

A power supply won't just deliver its rated current. That's the maximum which can be drawn. Two power supplies rated at 60W will give you 120W at best.

Wow. You need to start learning the basics of how electricity works before you hurt yourself. Voltage is the force that drives electricity. You can't have two different voltages at the same time. That's like running water at two different pressures in the same pipe at the same time.

Yip I understand what your saying, it’s just interesting to give the impossible stuff a go, nothing is impossible

Russ waters, what you’ve meant is you can't have a thin high pressured water line and a big low pressured line connected to the same water line, but it’s still interesting to think about it

Last edited:
Getting 15,000 Watts out of a 120 W supply is impossible. Don't let anyone tell you rubbish about nothing being impossible in physics. There are many things which are impossible, this is why science as you are taught it is based upon laws which have been shown to be true.

Thinking about impossibilities may well be interesting, but expecting meaningful answers from asking meaningless questions isn't.

Don't let anyone tell you rubbish about nothing being impossible in physics.

Hear, hear. Perhaps this explanation helps: power is the time rate of change of energy. Your power supplies are only capable of each providing a maximum of 60 J of energy per second, and you want 15000 J per second out. Conservation of energy (ie. you can't get out more than what you put in) says that you can only get at most 120 J per second out (assuming no energy loss).

A transformer can increase the voltage AND reduce the current, or reduce the voltage AND increase the current. It can't increase both. Hence a transformer cannot give you more power than what you put in. (Remember: POWER = VOLTAGE * CURRENT).

On some wall adapter, why does the wattage # doesn't follow the equation p=vi? The adapter has output voltage and current but when u times them together it doesn't = to the wattage # that is printed on the adapter

Jacquesl said:
Yip I understand what your saying, it’s just interesting to give the impossible stuff a go, nothing is impossible
You're going to waste a lot of time and energy spinning your wheels in place if you hold on to that attitude. It is naive and untrue.
Russ waters, what you’ve meant is you can't have a thin high pressured water line and a big low pressured line connected to the same water line, but it’s still interesting to think about it
No, it isn't. Its useless (at best) speculation that leads to an incorrect understanding of science.

Look, science is tough enough without purposely learning things that are wrong. Our brain power is finite and eventually, you will forget what is real and what is just idle speculation of yours and it'll hurt you. Unless, that is, you are going to become a science fiction writer, though I still think this idea is badly enough wrong that it would even hurt you there.

Today, I'm going to work on the design of a chilled water system for a cocoa processing plant. It requires 32F and 68F water - how's about I tell my boss that instead of using two chillers or one chiller and two loops separated by a heat exchanger we just use one chiller and run two different temperatures of water in the same pipe? Think of the money we'd save in construction!

Last edited:
david90 said:
On some wall adapter, why does the wattage # doesn't follow the equation p=vi? The adapter has output voltage and current but when u times them together it doesn't = to the wattage # that is printed on the adapter
It doesn't? It should. My laptop's adapter says 19.5V*3.3A=65w. Close enough.

Two different temperatures of water in the same pipe? The outcome will probably be:
(32F + 68F)/2= 50F depending on the pressure and thickness of the pipes, to get a more accurate average temp.

And to my crazy idea, it will be pressure=Voltage and pipe size=Amps

Last edited:
And to make a high pressure, small size pipe to give me a high pressure, big size pipe water flow I will nee:
(1) Some T connecters to get more water pipe inputs
(2) Heavy duty water pump, but this will suck the water source empty in a very shorts period
(3) toss the right amount of hydrogen and oxygen 2:1 together and ignite //or use a fuel cell to make water

Are there any way of using carbon and oxygen to feed a fuel cell or any make-able device, because my lung feed on it?!
Human use 90% oxygen and 10% food to generate energy to be able to go on this his/her life, any way of researching into that??

And that’s the main energy source in food, probably glucose ( C6H12O6 )

We're done here. Jacquesl, this isn't the place to post your mental vomit.

1. How do I convert 120 Watts to 15000 Watts?

To convert Watts to another unit of power, you can use the formula P2 = P1 x (W2/W1), where P1 is the initial power value in Watts, P2 is the final power value in the desired unit, W1 is the initial Watt value, and W2 is the desired Watt value. In this case, P1 = 120 Watts and P2 = 15000 Watts, so the equation becomes 15000 = 120 x (W2/1). Solving for W2, we get W2 = 15000/120 = 125. Therefore, 120 Watts is equivalent to 125 of the desired unit (in this case, Watts).

2. What is the difference between 120 Watts and 15000 Watts?

The difference between two units of power is the amount of energy they can produce or consume. In this case, 15000 Watts is significantly higher than 120 Watts, which means it can produce or consume more energy.

3. How does 120 Watts compare to 15000 Watts in terms of energy usage?

In terms of energy usage, 120 Watts is significantly lower than 15000 Watts. This means that a device or appliance that consumes 120 Watts will use less energy than one that consumes 15000 Watts.

4. Can I convert 120 Watts to 15000 Watts using a calculator?

Yes, you can easily convert Watts to another unit of power using a calculator. Simply input the values into the formula P2 = P1 x (W2/W1) and solve for W2.

5. What types of devices or appliances use 120 Watts and 15000 Watts?

Devices or appliances that use 120 Watts include light bulbs, small electronic devices, and small kitchen appliances. On the other hand, 15000 Watts is typically used by larger appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, and washing machines. It can also be used for industrial purposes, such as powering machinery or equipment.