1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Convert Force (N) to RPM

1. Sep 30, 2013 #1
    Hi,
    I have a question hope you can help me with. I am working on measuring plant uprooting force by using a denamometer. I want to convert this force (10 N) to RPM to apply this on my uprooting device. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2013 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Your question is not clear. What is RPM, roots per minute? Revolutions per minute? Were you using a dynamometer to measure force? What sort of plant uprooting device do you have?

4. Oct 1, 2013 #3
    Thanks SteamKing for your reply. The RPM here is Revolutions Per Minute. I will use dynamometer to measure the uprooting force for plants. The pulling device is two rollers, rotate in direction to pull upwards. if you know the relationship thats will be perfect. Thanks!

5. Oct 1, 2013 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

There's no relationship as such. It will depend on your device. You'll have to rig up some sort of test where you vary RPM and measure the pull.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook