Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Converting ang. freq to freq

1. Mar 24, 2007 #1
    I need to convert the following equation |H(w)|^2 to |H(f)|^2 where w is the angular frequency and f is the frequency.

Also: f0 = (2pi*f0)/fs ; f=(2pi*f)/fs ; f0, fs, G and R are known

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/556/snapshot20070324161921cy8.gif [Broken]

I tried putting w and w0 in terms of f and then replacing them into the above equation, but it's not coming out right. I need to graph this function from 0 to 5kHz.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2007 #2
    What do you mean it's not coming out right? Can you post the complete description to the problem? Is R a resistance? Why are you using f as a function of a sampling frequency?

4. Mar 25, 2007 #3
    This isn't a specific homework problem. It's part of a lab i have to do. R is a type of coeffcient. It's a constant. H(f) is a transfer function which I need to take the magnitude squared and graph it against f. I'm given H(w) but I need to graph H(f), that's what I am having trouble with; going from H(w) -> H(f)

5. Mar 25, 2007 #4
    Hmmm, equations are correct. Post the image of the transfer function that you've written above and the result you're expecting. Since you have a frequency discretization, I'm assuming you've worked your way to this function via z-transform, post it as well. Or Just post the whole labwork-page.

6. Apr 4, 2007 #5

Ne0

disregard message

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook