Convert 477 rev/min to Radians: Answer & Explanation

• Thread starter brncsfns5621
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Radians
In summary, to convert 477 rev/min to radians, we would use the conversion factor 2*pi radians/rev and get the result of 2997.07 radians. However, to get radians/second, we would need to divide by 60."
brncsfns5621
If I was given 477 rev/min and I need to convert to radians, I would use:

477rev (2*pi radians/1 rev) = 2997.07 radians

Question is do I need to divide by 60 to get radians/second instead of minutes?

Physics news on Phys.org
brncsfns5621 said:
If I was given 477 rev/min and I need to convert to radians, I would use:

477rev (2*pi radians/1 rev) = 2997.07 radians

Question is do I need to divide by 60 to get radians/second instead of minutes?
rev/minute does not convert to radians. It converts to units of angle/time. So it converts to radians/minute (which you correctly show as [itex]2\pi *477 = 2997 rad/min[/itex] or 3000 rad/min. using 3 significant figures) or radians/sec. It is then a simple matter to convert your answer in radians/min to radians/sec.

AM

Yes, you would need to divide by 60 to convert from rev/min to radians/second. This is because radians is a unit of angle measure while rev/min is a unit of rotational speed. To convert from rev/min to radians/second, you would need to multiply by the conversion factor of (2*pi radians/1 rev) and then divide by 60 seconds/1 minute. This would give you the final answer of approximately 49.95 radians/second. It is important to consider the units when converting between different types of measurements.

What is the formula for converting revolutions per minute to radians?

The formula for converting revolutions per minute to radians is: radians = revolutions * 2π. In this case, 477 rev/min would be multiplied by 2π, giving a result of approximately 3002.65 radians per minute.

How do I convert a value in revolutions per minute to radians?

To convert from revolutions per minute to radians, you can use the following formula: radians = revolutions * 2π. Simply plug in the value for revolutions and multiply by 2π to get the equivalent value in radians per minute.

What is the significance of converting from revolutions per minute to radians?

Converting from revolutions per minute to radians is important because it allows us to measure rotational speed in a more precise and universal unit. Radians are a unit of angle measure, and using them allows us to compare rotational speed across different systems and units of measurement.

Can you explain the difference between revolutions per minute and radians?

Revolutions per minute (rpm) is a unit of rotational speed, while radians is a unit of angle measure. 1 revolution is equal to 2π radians, which means that 1 rpm is equal to 2π radians per minute. Therefore, converting from rpm to radians helps us understand the rotational speed in terms of angle measure.

Is there an easy way to convert from revolutions per minute to radians?

Yes, there is an easy way to convert from revolutions per minute to radians. You can simply multiply the value in revolutions by 2π to get the equivalent value in radians. This formula can be applied to any value in revolutions per minute to convert it to radians per minute.