1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cook a sausage simply by plugging it into mains electric

1. Jul 18, 2005 #1

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I just watched a video (here: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Electric-Sausage) in which someone attempts to test the myth that you can cook a sausage simply by plugging it into mains electric.
    Have you ever made any attempt to scientifically test a silly myth, or conducted an amature science experiment in your own home simply out of curiosity/for amusement. How did it work out?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2005 #2
    The Barbie/toaster, I had heard this was really dangerous for kids making breakfast.

Take naked Barbie and toaster to middle of driveway. Put Barbie in a normal{med setting} toaster. With in 2 minutes, smoke starts to emerge. With in 4 minutes, small flames. At 6 minutes we had flames 4 feet high.
    Notes..Malibu Barbie produced flames in 3 minutes
    At no time did the auto pop-up actually fling burning Barbie into the air.
    polyester clothing caused a "flash over" effect
    Blonds do not burn faster then redheads

Do not try this at home, this was a controlled experiment with a safety crew
    {one guy holds a bucket of sand, another the garden hose}

4. Jul 18, 2005 #3
    Yes.

I heard that a woman got the winning lotto numbers from an out of body experience.

Well, since I am a skeptic who has some scuccess with lucid dreaming and OBE, I thought I'd test her claim. Took me a few days, finally found myself by the ceiling, demanded the day's lotto picks - got them, bought my ticket -

No luck. Ended up one dollar poorer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?