Cooker broke, how to cook chicken

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cooker
In summary, the power has gone out and the cooker is stuck on auto, which doesn't allow for a long cooking time. The user has tried rebooting, booting, and pressing all of the buttons, but to no avail. The only way to cook food is to put it in and wait for it to heat up.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
there has been a power cut and i can not get my cooker to work, the blasted thing is stuck in auto which only gives a few minutes cook time, i have tried rebooting it and booting it but the thing remains on auto, i have tried every combination of button pressing with no luck, i am starving hungry what the dickens do i have to do to get this thing to cook for me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Until you figure it out, just put your food in and stand around pushing the button every time that it shuts off. Your food will eventually get cooked.

Danger said:
Until you figure it out, just put your food in and stand around pushing the button every time that it shuts off. Your food will eventually get cooked.

Fat lot of good you guys are, i would hate to have to rely on you if an H bomb needed
defusing in a hurry, Smile.

I had some bread n cheese to quell my hunger.

wolram said:
there has been a power cut and i can not get my cooker to work, the blasted thing is stuck in auto which only gives a few minutes cook time, i have tried rebooting it and booting it but the thing remains on auto, i have tried every combination of button pressing with no luck, i am starving hungry what the dickens do i have to do to get this thing to cook for me?
That's exactly http://davesbrain.livejournal.com/263418.html" last week. It would heat fine, but when it reached temp. it would shut off and then not shut on again. Every morning when I got up on 60F I'd go down and turn it on manually, every afternoon when I got home from work, and every night before going to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that an electric cooker? How bizarre. Go start a fire in the garden and boil up some food that way. Assuming you have a garden. :smile:

Ever thought of buying some cupasoups or pot noodles or boil in a bag type things and using your kettle to boil them. Saying that I love cold beans, so I'd just eat some beans or something, or go over the shop and buy a pasty, but then I live 20 yards from a shopping precinct.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Is that an electric cooker? How bizarre. Go start a fire in the garden and boil up some food that way. Assuming you have a garden. :smile:

Ever thought of buying some cupasoups or pot noodles or boil in a bag type things and using your kettle to boil them. Saying that I love cold beans, so I'd just eat some beans or something, or go over the shop and buy a pasty, but then I live 20 yards from a shopping precinct.

Well i am sure i will not become a paraffin lamp, if i cook some thing it has to be edible,
Pasty is just nasty and cold beans?

It is an electric cooker a product from beelzebub, but i inherited it, may be i need a vicar to control it.

1. How do I cook chicken if my cooker broke?

If your cooker is broken, there are a few alternative methods for cooking chicken. You can use a microwave, grill, slow cooker, or stovetop. Each method will require a different cooking time and technique, so be sure to research the specific method you choose.

2. Can I still cook chicken if my cooker broke?

Yes, you can still cook chicken even if your cooker is broken. As mentioned before, there are alternative methods that you can use. It may take a bit more time and effort, but it is still possible to cook a delicious chicken dish.

3. How do I cook chicken in a microwave?

To cook chicken in a microwave, you will need to place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish and cover it with a lid or plastic wrap. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes per pound of chicken. Make sure to stir or rotate the chicken halfway through cooking to ensure even heating.

4. What is the best way to cook chicken without a cooker?

The best way to cook chicken without a cooker is to use a grill or stovetop. Grilling will give the chicken a nice char and smoky flavor, while stovetop cooking allows for more control over the temperature and cooking time. You can also use a slow cooker for a hands-off cooking method.

5. How long does it take to cook chicken without a cooker?

The cooking time for chicken without a cooker will vary depending on the method you choose. Grilling and stovetop cooking typically take around 15-20 minutes, while slow cooking can take 4-6 hours. It's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked before serving.