Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cool Online IQ Test

1. Jul 11, 2004 #1
    I just finished taking this test. I scored 129 on the Ultimate IQ Test and 123 on the Verbal IQ Test.

Go ahead and take it. It's kinda fun.
    http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm

Oh yes, and after you're done, please share your results with us. Be sure to specify the test you took also.

Good luck!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2004 #2
    Woah... That was hard (and time-consuming!).

Ultimate IQ Test: 132
    Verbal IQ Test: 130 (most were guesses :confused:)

[Edit] I took one more:
    Culture-Fair IQ Test: 129 (4 of the final 5 sucked)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2004
  4. Jul 12, 2004 #3
    It's amazing, these people have such pride in their high IQ's. Being able to answer a bunch of random brainteasers does not make you Newton.

I also like the $60 membership fee.

5. Jul 12, 2004 #4
    Ok, well after 3 beers and a couple of shots of vodka, 134 on the Ultimate. I'm tired..I'll do the verbal tomorrow.

6. Jul 12, 2004 #5
    Culture-Fair Test: 135

How accurate are these tests? Can anyone who has an official IQ score please verify the validity of the tests?

EDIT: Just scored 130 on the Verbal Test!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! English is not even my second language!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004
  7. Jul 12, 2004 #6
    recon, did you do #16? It looked like a random mess to me.

8. Jul 12, 2004 #7
    Ulimate IQ: 120

Must be stupid.

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. This test is like the others. Strange. I have had 135 and 130 and 129 on some. This is my lowest yet. Only a mensa score is accurate.

9. Jul 12, 2004 #8
    Nah, #16 on the Culture-Fair test looked random to me too. But I'm sure it's not. Can some people on the forum claiming to have an IQ of 180+ please come and help?

10. Jul 12, 2004 #9
    Did you check out their High-IQ merchandise?

A note to people with IQs of less than 126 (the cut-off point for entry):
    You CAN also enter the society!!! Just do the tests multiple times, because it is guaranteed that even the dumbest person will improve their scores after a while. All you have to do is pay the $60 fee and you're a lifetime member!!!

11. Jul 12, 2004 #10
    I can't believe people would actually pay for a membership. This thing seems like an ingenious scam targeted at the "smarter" people. Brilliant. :tongue2:

12. Jul 12, 2004 #11
    i took the test, so did my friends and they didnt get outrageous IQ like 180+ like emode or tickle. I guess its more reliable oh and i got a 130 on the ultimate.

13. Jul 12, 2004 #12
    Can you take a mensa certified IQ test online for free? :confused:

14. Jul 12, 2004 #13

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got 139 on the ultimate IQ test.

One thing I found interesting was that their chart corresponded almost exactly to my SAT score.

No, I will not be sending them $60 so I can stroke my own ego.

15. Jul 12, 2004 #14
    Ultimate: 134
    Verbal: 117
    Culture Fair: 120
    hmmm...

16. Jul 12, 2004 #15

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ultimate: 137, no time for the others :)

17. Jul 12, 2004 #16
    The way I see it is if you're from Quebec, you're born smart, atheletic and amazingly sexy. No test in the world could measure our talents. :biggrin:

1. Montreal has the more post-secondary students per capita than any other city in North America
    2. Montreal was voted the most sexiest city in Canada
    3. Quebec is jammed full of atheletic people including Eric Gagne, Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy and Jose Theodore to name a few
    4. Most of us are completely bilingual like the Province
    5. We have our own Federal Government that favours us...Bloc Quebecois!

We're so great, we're off the charts on any test. Just thought I'd let you all know. :redface:

Online IQ Tests - Full of Baloney.

18. Jul 12, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Alright, I was really bored last night, so tried a bunch of them (I like puzzles, and figured these tests have lots of puzzles to solve, so why not?). The one thing I noticed is that some of their questions do test what you've learned, not just some sort of "innate" intelligence, or whatever it is IQ tests are supposed to test. For instance, the vocabulary stuff were words you'd never encounter unless you owned one of those "word a day" calendars or found great entertainment in reading the dictionary. Plus, some of the verbal questions required knowledge of history! There were always two choices that fit the grammatical requirements and context, but only one that was historically correct. The other thing I noticed is I suck at taking tests on a computer...I'm glad I got through all my standardized testing in the days of paper and pencil! I noticed that bit about the $60 too. LOL! That's the real IQ test...if you're willing to pay the $60, the really smart people just laugh as they take your money :-)

Okay, drumroll please....
    Timed test: 135 (I suspect I lost a few points though by clicking start accidentally and then momentarily panicking as the first question flew at me with a timer at the top of the screen...or maybe that's all part of the test).

Verbal: 138

Culturally fair: 135 (I just guessed on the last two without trying...was getting tired by then and those required really thinking in a way my brain didn't want to twist at that hour of the night, who knows, maybe I guessed right).

Ultimate: 125 (I got really bored about halfway through, so didn't try very hard on the tougher questions...okay, didn't try at all...quite a few questions that I just took random guesses rather than think, mostly those hideous spatial relations one...let me cut it out and fold it and I'll give you the answer...probably would have done better if I had a printer connected to the computer and tried that).

I wanted to try the last one, but really was far too tired by then and decided I couldn't possibly do that one without printing it out (they have a printable version, but as mentioned above, my computer isn't connected to a printer...at least not the computer I use for goofing around on this sort of thing).

19. Jul 12, 2004 #18
    I've been doing tons of puzzles and online quizes lately. Mainly, I'm practicing for one of the IQ tests required to get into mensa.

Somewhere online, I read that IQ is 80% hereditary and 20% environmental. When I was 3.5 years old, I scored a 125 on the Wechler Child Scales. If I were to take the test again, I'd need to score 130+ to make into mensa, which I really want to do.

If 125 is 80% of my potential IQ, then do you think that if I were to work on tons of puzzles and logic games there might be a chance to realize my full IQ? Do any of you have suggestions for me?

20. Jul 12, 2004 #19
  21. Jul 12, 2004 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

One question...why on earth do you want to get into mensa?? It is so lame. I was warned years ago by a scientist I was dating at NASA (Houston) to stay away from it because it was a political snake pit. These people have their particular agendas and unless you are willing to buy into them, you're better off staying away.

Also, if you're struggling to get to the minimal acceptance level...give up now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?