1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cool Optical Illusion

1. Feb 25, 2004 #1
    Address:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/

I found this one to be more interesting than most because of counter rotation.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2004 #2
    That was awesome, zoobyshoe. I wonder why it made me laugh, though...I was really laughing hysterically at the things, and there was nothing really funny about it.

4. Feb 26, 2004 #3
    Could be cause you realize how funny you must look doing it.

5. Feb 26, 2004 #4

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

lol

That is a great illusion though. Probably the best I've seen so far, since it doesn't require you to stare at a fixed point for several minutes to fatigue your retinal neurons before the illusion can happen. (That part is always a bit of a nuisance.)

6. Feb 26, 2004 #5
    lol that site is soo old lol...go to the illusions section theres really good ones there

7. Feb 26, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think we need to talk about this.

What else do you laugh at Mentat?

8. Feb 27, 2004 #7
    Yeah, I don't think I've seen one like this before that moves in respose to the viewer's motion.

Imagine if someone made a giant one and put it at the end of a long hall where people had to walk a long way toward it.

9. Feb 27, 2004 #8

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That'd be great! You could paint the center a bright color to attract people's attention. This absolutely needs to be done. You could set up a hidden camera in the hall to get people's reactions. Classic.

10. Feb 27, 2004 #9
    I think you'd end up with alot of people going into some kind of total hypnotic fixation. You'd have to mount it on foam rubber; there'd be those who keep walking till they slam right into it.

11. Feb 28, 2004 #10
    That one optical illusion about the balcony and the guy climbing it is a real melon-scratcher.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?